Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
This photo courtesy of book seller Coastal 181. Thought it was interesting. The Intimidator certainly represented GM well over the years. Still find it difficult to accept the loss of Earnhardt.

[HASHTAG]#1869[/HASHTAG] - “GM Goodwrench’s first appearance as Earnhardt’s primary sponsor came in the 1986 Busch Series season opener at Daytona. Here, he waits on a postcard-perfect Daytona day with Morgan Shepherd (7) and Ken Bouchard (10) for practice to begin prior to the race.” Quote and photo from DALE vs DAYTONA: The Intimidator’s Quest to win the Great American Race, by Rich Houston (Photo Courtesy Dick Conway)

600-WD-1869.jpg

That is very cool Spence. I got to see him race many times, interviewed him once when I worked for National Speed Sport News. Bigger than life hero to me. One of the most incredible short track races I ever saw was at Cayuga Speedway with the Busch North cars. Earnhardt started last and just dominated the field including Allison, Baker, and a field of very talent series drivers. At the end he had lapped everyone twice but the second place runner. Just blew them away.

"Bigger than life hero ..." I concur.
A fine example of "passion in what one has earned and enjoys" ... is what I go forward with from the loss of DE to Nascar.
(hmmmm ... another cliché phase for our CCF group too)
I always feel I fail in comparison to what others can say about their Dale Earnhardt experiences. Yours is beyond imagination.
However I do know the comradery of Dale Earnhardt enthusiasts is second to none.
I am among those who never say/argue that DE is better than any other competitor; as we never really have to because we just know it.

I have all but a few of all DE Wins re-recorded on to DVD. I enjoy watching one when I need a boost !
... the pass in the grass ... awesome moment during a long race
... the Daytona Win ... was all about the actions of others after the race was done

Dale was/is my hero...
We saw him many times at races we attended in the Nineties.
I have a t-shirt signed by him. I've actually worn it twice,
Once just after he passed I wore it to a Vette Club meeting,
And then again at the 10 year anniversary in 2011 at our NASCAR party
We hold NASCAR nites at our place quite often where a crowd of fans come over to watch the race on the big screen and enjoy some food/drink.
I attached a video of my Earnhardt collection that I bring out on special occasions.

A buddy has a 2002 Dale Earnhardt Monte Carlo SS...and I have a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo SS.
We sometimes get together at shows and pose them together.
Great pic.

IMG_0910.JPG

Great thread Murray.. I envy you for meeting him for an interview. Way cool.
Graham

I have so, so, sooooo much that I can add to this thread ... and I will.
All my stuff and all my memories being at 4 Races in the 90's (Phoenix, Vegas & Michigan x2)

Here's my first ... authenticated ... (sorry for the grainy shots)​
View attachment 10746 View attachment 10747
You'll have to show me this little shrine next visit. I've yet to see this stuff.

Having seen Graham's collections, I can attest it is by no means "little"... Great video Graham... Gives the members a peek into just one of your passions. :thumbs:

Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread