Reactions: Bunny hop
I’m not opposed to it.
I don’t think it “waters down” the brand.
Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Austin Martin, and others have successfully added SUV’s, and EV’s to the line up.
IMO
ALL of the above don't have other brands under their name.
GM has 4 plus Corvette which is really a Chev.
They went bankrupt by having too many brands. They don't need to create another.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bunny hop
Preliminary mock up of the Hydrogen/Electric C9. Once the frunk issues are sorted the Corvette Wave will be introduced to the line up. She is beauty ain't she?

117895157_3291652984213771_6860729316898716803_n.jpg

I might be interested, but not if it looks like the rendering that GM Authority made. :)

I'm not even sure I'd be that interested. I like the idea of a hybrid like the E-ray because it makes performance sense. Not sure it makes as much sense as an all-electric.

Bring an all electric sports car out under a different model name and I think it gets more interesting.

Lol there's not "watering down" the brand, this isn't a exclusive car, it's supposed to be (at least the intention behind it) a car that anyone can aspire to.

This isn't Ferrari who's certified crazy about protecting their brand like going after it's own customers (who's also going electric lol).
Perhaps that is the wrong term, but there is a reason why it doesn't say "Chevrolet" anywhere on the car. It is not a Car line it is a car model. For GM to make it a car line they are in fact adding another to the 4 they already have. Like I said above, Too many car lines is what caused their bankruptcy to begin with.
It makes absolutely NO business sense unless they plan on getting rid of their luxury name tags they already have, like Cadillac or Buick.

Perhaps that is the wrong term, but there is a reason why it doesn't say "Chevrolet" anywhere on the car. It is not a Car line it is a car model. For GM to make it a car line they are in fact adding another to the 4 they already have. Like I said above, Too many car lines is what caused their bankruptcy to begin with.
It makes absolutely NO business sense unless they plan on getting rid of their luxury name tags they already have, like Cadillac or Buick.

Oh I'm with you, they should name it something else... they already have a pretty amazing name and car to go full electric, the E-Ray. Turn it full EV and bam there you have it.

Except for the price... like if their goal is to do a 50-70k EV with 4 seats and not 2... then why kill the Camaro?

Except for the price... like if their goal is to do a 50-70k EV with 4 seats and not 2... then why kill the Camaro?
I have a feeling the Camaro will come back as an EV. Might even look like the one above.

Lol there's not "watering down" the brand, this isn't a exclusive car, it's supposed to be (at least the intention behind it) a car that anyone can aspire to.

This isn't Ferrari who's certified crazy about protecting their brand like going after it's own customers (who's also going electric lol).
I disagree, a Corvette is an exclusive car, and for most, it take their entire working life to finally own one.

I disagree, a Corvette is an exclusive car, and for most, it take their entire working life to finally own one.

It's an indulgence but Executive Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter, I'd have to find the exact quote, said the Corvette has always been a car that should be attainable (unlike a Ferrari/Lamborghini) and that was the design philosophy behind the C8 and other decisions like the big wide ass and trunk.

(I'm sure his comment will get dragged because of the recent price increases)

It's an indulgence but Executive Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter, I'd have to find the exact quote, said the Corvette has always been a car that should be attainable (unlike a Ferrari/Lamborghini) and that was the design philosophy behind the C8 and other decisions like the big wide ass and trunk.

(I'm sure his comment will get dragged because of the recent price increases)
I see where you are coming from, but I believe the key word here is "attainable". That word means different things to different people. What is attainable for some is certainly not for others. If my station in life hadn't changed relatively recently, there is no way it would have been attainable by me. Talk to the guy who can barely afford his honda.

I see where you are coming from, but I believe the key word here is "attainable". That word means different things to different people. What is attainable for some is certainly not for others. If my station in life hadn't changed relatively recently, there is no way it would have been attainable by me. Talk to the guy who can barely afford his honda.

Of course, I can see where you're coming from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread