Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
On Friday January 12, 2024, GM Canada announced another $12,000 price increase on the new Hummer. There were no other Corvette or Cadillac price increases at this time as others have been asking recently.

I'm looking at Porsche GT3 RS or Turbo. The GT3 is pretty much sold out unless a dealer bought one to sell. The Turbo has a year ++ waiting list. Porsche is talking about a price increase of $30,000. This would be north of $400,000 after taxes. Not going that route. I can'r justify paying that much no matter how much I like the car. I'm going to wait to see what the C8 is going to do in the next year with the ZR1. Always been a Vette guy and was thinking of selling my C7 but the more I think about the pricing $200,000 for a Z06 after tax, the more I'm inclined to keep my C7. It's been a great car and still drives beautifully for a 10 year old.

I'm looking at Porsche GT3 RS or Turbo. The GT3 is pretty much sold out unless a dealer bought one to sell. The Turbo has a year ++ waiting list. Porsche is talking about a price increase of $30,000. This would be north of $400,000 after taxes. Not going that route. I can'r justify paying that much no matter how much I like the car. I'm going to wait to see what the C8 is going to do in the next year with the ZR1. Always been a Vette guy and was thinking of selling my C7 but the more I think about the pricing $200,000 for a Z06 after tax, the more I'm inclined to keep my C7. It's been a great car and still drives beautifully for a 10 year old.
Tyho, you won't be able to get a ZR1. Canada only got 95 coupes and 36 convertibles in 2019 and the big dealers only got 3 of them.
Are you on a list already? I put my deposit in a year and a half ago.

This is why I spec'd a 1LZ Z06. With tax credit I'm barely over $160k...

Tyho, you won't be able to get a ZR1. Canada only got 95 coupes and 36 convertibles in 2019 and the big dealers only got 3 of them.
Are you on a list already? I put my deposit in a year and a half ago.
No deposit anywhere. I was going to go the Porsche route this summer but with the anticipated increase plus tax I simply can't justify paying so much, even if the car has great reviews. I want to wait to see what the C8 will be like longer term with the new Z06 engine.

I guess somebody, or a lot of somebodies,l are buying these cars despite these massive price increases. My C8 is used May-Sept, (I have a 4Runner for Oct-Apr) so even though I contemplated getting a Z06 or ERay, I simply cannot justify the expense. Also, I hope to retire some day, and if I bought a $400,000 Porsche, well, I would probably have alimony payments on top!

You won't be getting a new GT3 either without a purchase history of 6 or 7 prior non-SUV Porsche purchases from that P-car dealer. One can't just "buy" a new GT3 because they want one...

Reactions: DenisC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.