AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Here is a bit of a puzzle for the quorum!

End MY2016 dates are 24 Jun with a final order date of 12 May.
Stingray MY2017 commences ordering on 26 May and the build year starts on 24 Jun.
Z06 MY2017 starts 5 Sep with a first order date of 28 Jul.

This is very odd as one would expect it to follow last years pattern of Z06 MY starting just after the last was completed, as is the Stingray. Z06's are being built until 5 Sep next year.

This will likely mean far fewer being built and fewer coming to Canada as well.

The question still is, however, why the delay?

Last edited:
Maybe the 2017 Z06's are getting a power boost or additional track cooling or something? Need a little longer to Quality Check for some changes planned?

Just guessing.

Matt

So Allflash, you feel the Z06 MY2017 is shifting production to Sept 5 2016 through Sept 5 2017 with MY2016 production being stretched to Sept 5 2016? You said it is unlikely fewer woud be built and coming to Canada. Or did you mean "likely"? Stretching the model year would help to clear up any backlog of orders for MY2016 and provide time if any changes for MY2017 Z06's are coming.
This may be a bit concerning for those with 2016 orders placed as it may mean longer deliver lead time with the stretched production year this year to accomodate something!
If anyone is doing the buyers tour in the near future possibly they can obtain some info on that.
During my tour May 11, 2015 I noticed 2016's going through with some new colours, design Pkgs and new production line stations being built for the forward facing front cowl camera system.
The MY2016 stretched production year would mean that those with MY2017 orders wouldn't see their Z06 until Sept or Oct or not until 2017.

Above I stated the end date for this year is 24 Jun and next years model start in Sep, leaving significantly lower production numbers for MY17. This is a huge disadvantage as it will mean we get much less once again, Canada never having been a real priority for GM USA and especially with exchange losing them over 10k a car as it is now.

To clarify, there is no stretched year and GM has listed the end date of 24 Jun for MY16 with MY17 production starting in Sep; it is not an opinion.

Unlikely changed to likely...

Last edited:
Thanks, fixated on Sept 5 for some reason. So what am I missing here with MY2017 production Sept 5 to Sept 5 a 12 month period why would there be fewer cars?

All Flash is stating that if they stop production on June 24th and don't start again until September 5th there will be over a 2 month gap where they aren't making any Z06's which means less Z06's for Canada. :(
They also may stop production of MY2017 in June of 2017 so that would mean few 2017 Z06's for Canada.....but hopefully MY2018 would fire right up in July so no shortage at that time.

Yes... the typical model year goes from mid-June to mid-June. Next years Z06 build period has been reduced to early Sep-mid-June. It is roughly just under 2.5 months shorter than the normal cycle.

IMHO I don't think we will see a drop in our Canadian allocations based on this slight change in ordering and production dates. Lets not forget that the first production year was not a full run. Ordering started far later than the end of July. With production starting a lot later than September 5th. Yet we saw 238 coupes and 91 convertibles come to Canada.Total production was 8500 total units for 2015 I believe (off the top of my head). This years allocations seem on par with last years total already! With our second round of allocations showing up a few weeks ago, vs. March 23 rd or so last year. Based on year one and this year we should be good numbers wise for 17 . At least we better be lol! I have also just got wind of a third round of allocations in the works. Something I felt we would see. As US demand drops we should see the Canadian market get some cars if US dealer orders drop off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.