Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As some of you may have noticed the little banner, we are very very close to launching our new site Global Vette (www.globalvette.com). We've done some testing with the help of the elite @Moderating crew.

Currently going to that URL will take you straight back here so don't bother until I switch it over.

The new Global Vette site aims to cater to a global audience (obvious naming choice there) and bring in more folks who may have been put off by our Canadian specific designation.

Changes to CCF:
  • A new link to the Global Site (already implemented)
  • Geographically agnostic forums i.e. all forums under the Corvette category (Corvette tech/C1-C7 forums etc) will be shared between the two sites so you may have some folks from abroad posting in there

Changes to Global Vette:

• GV.com will have new continent specific forums i.e. US, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America
  • GV members will have search and posting access to 'shared' forums
  • GV.com members will be able to visit CCF and post in any CCF specific forums should they chose

Overall it will be a soft launch at first so I'm not expecting a huge influx of new members. We reserve the right to make changes and tweaks as things unfold.

As registered members you gain automatic access to globalvette.com with your existing login credentials and there's nothing special you need to do.

The two sites will look very similar other than a slightly different forum list and potentially a logo change to distinguish the two. Posting in a shared forum like the C7 forum for example in globalvette.com means your post will automagically show up in CCF and vice versa.

Questions/concerns on the back of a postcard and dropped in this thread please.

[HASHTAG]#launchcoming[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
well Nik.... I'm thinking that the last ....lemmmeee see.... 7 or 8 posts on this, mine included, are not-so-subliminal concerns about what the CCF might morph into.... This comes purely from, at least for me, not totally understanding what effect this will have on CCF and what exactly this sister site will mean.... From your last post... I'm thinking that It's more my fear of change and the unknown..... Your assurance that nothing on CCF will change does tend to satiate my concern somewhat..... I look at other corvette sites occasionally (yes, I admit it).... but only out of curiosity, and I see things that make me glad I picked this forum as my go-to membership site.... Most of the other forums seem to be nothing more than social media sites that, if they ever had a direction and comradery even close to what CCF has, they lost it long ago and have turned into a free for all place to rant about politics, religion, and whatever else....with no semblance at all to the tight Corvette family and friend atmosphere of CCF. I may be totally off base and do not for a minute think that I speak for the other members but I love this site and the people here and want to continue that relationship the way it is. So sister site.... all is good.... and if you tell me that will not change the CCF that has befriended me, for what my opinion is worth I will welcome a new global audience and the opportunity to meet and greet as I have been met and greeted here..... nuff by rruuff said.

Eric

Reactions: CaledoniaBrian
well Nik.... I'm thinking that the last ....lemmmeee see.... 7 or 8 posts on this, mine included, are not-so-subliminal concerns about what the CCF might morph into.... This comes purely from, at least for me, not totally understanding what effect this will have on CCF and what exactly this sister site will mean.... From your last post... I'm thinking that It's more my fear of change and the unknown..... Your assurance that nothing on CCF will change does tend to satiate my concern somewhat..... I look at other corvette sites occasionally (yes, I admit it).... but only out of curiosity, and I see things that make me glad I picked this forum as my go-to membership site.... Most of the other forums seem to be nothing more than social media sites that, if they ever had a direction and comradery even close to what CCF has, they lost it long ago and have turned into a free for all place to rant about politics, religion, and whatever else....with no semblance at all to the tight Corvette family and friend atmosphere of CCF. I may be totally off base and do not for a minute think that I speak for the other members but I love this site and the people here and want to continue that relationship the way it is. So sister site.... all is good.... and if you tell me that will not change the CCF that has befriended me, for what my opinion is worth I will welcome a new global audience and the opportunity to meet and greet as I have been met and greeted here..... nuff by rruuff said.

Eric

Fully agree Eric. We don't fix things that are not broken and in hindsight I should've kicked off my announcement with the sentence 'CCF isn't changing' :) It's all good. The global sister site is more of a pilot at this stage so we will be monitoring it closely. As I mentioned the only change is that you will have access to it automatically using your existing logins and profile.

Bit of an update, the new forum as you may have noticed is mostly ready. Need to setup some additional forums/topics but functionally it should be ok. Will be adding a few shortcuts to the menu as well as some spit and polish to the Global vette forum.

Your logins, avatars etc will carry over to the GVette forum.

Layout of global vette is pretty much ready (in terms of forums etc), just did a quick facebook page on it. We use facebook purely to attract visitors.

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/globalvette

Now will be focusing on refining the experience and attracting newcomers.... Just small details :)

P.S. FB has yet again changed page classifications literally in the space of 2 hours ... Why do they do this... Sorry, had to vent a little.

Last edited:
Layout of global vette is pretty much ready (in terms of forums etc), just did a quick facebook page on it. We use facebook purely to attract visitors.

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/globalvette

Now will be focusing on refining the experience and attracting newcomers.... Just small details :)

Yes. I noticed the changes and additions. Looks Good Nik. Just waiting now to see the first entry in some of those new :Cheers2: