Just reading this today Pierre.
Hope everything goes well, we are all pulling for you.
As you mentioned in your first post.
It's important for everyone over 40 to get the dreaded check -up.
I have had a few now and they are not that bad. Even had the scope (check your tonsils through your A hole) this spring, a little bit of discomfort could save your life.

All the best.

Mark:canada:

first time ive read this thread Pierre, glad all is looking good so far, i have a friend going thru the same thing right now, had my checkup last June, going to book another, thanks for the reminder

Well, got the news. It was not good at all. Fairly serious level of prostate cancer. Have to go in for CT Scan and meet with a radiology oncologist. To be honest I am pretty freaked out right now.

That's awful news. I wish you the best with your treatment. I'm certain that you've already educated yourself on this. Seek out as much knowledge as you can so that you can make informed decisions. Keep us posted - all the best!

Hey Pierre. Sorry to hear. Just make sure to get a 2nd or even a 3rd exam.

I sometimes wonder if Doctors, especially when it comes to cancer, mis-diagnose people on purpose. Lots of money trades hands when it comes to cancer.

My dad just went through chemo treatments in 8 months (chemo every 3 weeks plus 2 rad treatments from Apr to Nov) at Sunnybrook. Truthfully, you will feel like crap during, but once it's over, you will get all your strength and energy back. He had a growth removed from a testy and one from his neck and was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, but he's back to his old self.

Hey Pierre, keep you head up, I know two people that have had and been treated
for prostate cancer, one was around 8 years ago and the other over 10 and they are both
doing fine after their treatments, medicine is advancing very rapidly and there are new
and better procedures all the time.
Think positive and all the best!!

SO SORRY, I have 2 employees who have survived this same cancer, if it would help I would be happy to see if they would be willing to talk with you let you know there experiences, or anything I can do just ask!!

Brent

Hope all goes well for you,my grandfather had serious prostate cancer in his early 60's,he beat it and lived to be 88,modern medicine is getting better by the day.

Hi Pierre. I wish the results were different. As always, you'll be in my prayers. Think positively (I know easier said than done) and keep your head up. You can beat this. I'm not sure what I can do from hear but if you need anything, please feel free to call me.

Hang in there Pierre , we are all here for you .

Manny

Thank you all, my dear friends (here and away). The initial shock has worn off and the emotional roller coaster has finally slowed down. I guess it is not a death sentence but rather a life sentence in which it becomes an understanding of what needs to be done.

I should know more this week and I will share it with you. I guess you've surmised by now that I use this as a form of catharsis as well :)

Peace:

Well, I just got the results from the last tests. The great news is that the cancer has not spread. The not so good news is that I will require surgery and possibly radiation. I am ecstatic and scared at the same time but this is certainly better than a death sentance. Give me a few days to process (years of being a geek does this to you).

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the update Pierre! Not that I am glad you have to get surgery, but I am glad that something can be done and that there is a plan in action.;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread