Just went for my annual with the GP the other week and he issues blood test referral sheet with what he wants checked which among other things like cholesterol includes the PSA so there has never been a charge. I also get the manual check as well. Good old middle finger is useful. Asked him to use two fingers for better sensational but he refused. LOL
And the hospital just called me last week for a colorectal exam. Every five years as my mother died from that. Always been negative to date. The exam is OK as they knock you out where I go but taking the cleaning fluid the day before is the most horrible tasting crap I have come across. You would think they could somehow make it more palatable rather than making you feel like throwing up when you drink it, especially the second shot.

Reactions: hemicat
My Urologist was Dr. Jamal at Credit Valley Hosp. in Mississauga. I think if you had a PSA reading that was suspect the next one was free?? I know that after PC surgery they are free from then on. When I was paying for them it was the clinic that did the blood test that charged the fee. Not sure but I believe they are free after 65?

Reactions: 2mnycars
In Saskatchewan all of my PSA blood tests were free as part of my physical exam. I thought this would be the case all across Canada.

My Urologist was Dr. Jamal at Credit Valley Hosp. in Mississauga. I think if you had a PSA reading that was suspect the next one was free?? I know that after PC surgery they are free from then on. When I was paying for them it was the clinic that did the blood test that charged the fee. Not sure but I believe they are free after 65?

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Awesome discussion even if it might be in legacy for this thread (which I believe we remain unsure).
The cost (fee) really means little if anything is discovered and if it can put tomorrow back on the rails for anyone.
What I truly find significant value in this Corvette Forum of ours with its value-ad In our lives.

So phone up Doc even with that fee that goes directly toward well-being. If costs are not a factor or not charged, what would anyone be waiting for?
For those just lurking through stuff here or those with perhaps a hint of apathy ... just pick up the phone and if found that all clear,
then maybe consider throwing that fee that others may have like $10 or whatever as a donation into this Forum and continue enjoyment in life and our CCF. :thumbs:

Last edited:
In my case, as disgusting as this may sound, I was losing more blood than urine. The blood became black. No issues before but it was sometime after my last PSA test. There was never any pain to speak of. I kept putting it off thinking it would go away. No such luck!

I knew I was in trouble before they gave me the grim news I had cancer. It needed to be operated on right away. I was not mentally prepared for what was next. They took the bladder and prostrate and I spent a month in the hospital with complications. The good news is that I have been cancer free for a year now but the changes are really tough to deal with.

The thing that still amazes me was all the questions the medical team asked me but never told me, nor did I think to ask, what the ramifications were. If it goes wrong make sure you have someone with you to take it all in. I did but we still missed much. In my case I lacked the ability to think it all through, it is devastating news to anyone. You are simply overloaded with things you cannot comprehend.

I realize that a public forum is perhaps not the best spot to talk personal issues but if my information can help just one other person then it is worth it.

Only suggestion is don't wait. Time is critical.

In my case, as disgusting as this may sound, I was losing more blood than urine. The blood became black. No issues before but it was sometime after my last PSA test. There was never any pain to speak of. I kept putting it off thinking it would go away. No such luck!

I knew I was in trouble before they gave me the grim news I had cancer. It needed to be operated on right away. I was not mentally prepared for what was next. They took the bladder and prostrate and I spent a month in the hospital with complications. The good news is that I have been cancer free for a year now but the changes are really tough to deal with.

The thing that still amazes me was all the questions the medical team asked me but never told me, nor did I think to ask, what the ramifications were. If it goes wrong make sure you have someone with you to take it all in. I did but we still missed much. In my case I lacked the ability to think it all through, it is devastating news to anyone. You are simply overloaded with things you cannot comprehend.

I realize that a public forum is perhaps not the best spot to talk personal issues but if my information can help just one other person then it is worth it.

Only suggestion is don't wait. Time is critical.
When you are sick, whatever it is, even a cold, that is not the time to be absorbing what can be distressing information. You NEED someone there with full faculties to understand what is being said. Whether that be your SO, a family member or even a friend it doesn't matter. You are concentrated on living. Making decisions at that time is truly stressful because your mind is concentrated on your own body.
Keep those friends around. Those BBQ's and beer and our trips together develop a kinship that can be to all our benefit if s**t happens. Look at how we all supported Garry (Velocity Yellow) through his crap. We were not all able to be there but I am sure we would have all been there to help him if not for the distances. LONG LIVE MITM

Thanks so much!
Remember showing up at Chapters in our brand new MZ4 Roadster. Got the C6 shortly after, and the welcome was incredible. So many people helped. Great crowd.
Found Stan's gathering off Financial Drive in Mississauga when I had a Caddy wagon with 4wd...Great people.
Thanks Black 03 Z06....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread