This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Gas mileage

No...that is a way off,
I normally average around 10.5 liters per 100k. That would be around 22 mile per gal.
Mind you, once in a while I do get my boot into it and that will reduce mpg quite a bit. But just normal cruising....the old L98 isn't to bad. I run Shell 91 most of the time.

I was getting 18 MPG in my '75 before the engine swap. Something is wrong Shane.

That would actually be 26.89 miles per imperial gallon Brian. Easiest conversion formula is to divide 282.4 by the l/100km; in this case: 282.4

You're getting better mileage than you think Brian:
10.5 L/100km is just shy of 27 mpg's.
That's pretty good.

C.

Just wondering what you get for gas mileage with your c4 ? I seem to get around 10 mpg is this normal

Constant speed coming across Canada was a good indicator of what my C4 would do: It averaged 30 mpg's or about 9 L/100 kilometers.

Everyday driving with a mix of town and hwy my mileage is more like 25 mpg's (11 L/100 kilometers)

If you're calculating yours in very cold weather you can't expect much due to warmups, city driving, and then there's the 'fun factor'.....

If it's been a while since the last tuneup it's probably time.

C.

On a longer Hiway run, I can get down into the 8 L/100 range with the ZR-1. Normal around town, Stop and Go, will push it up to 10 or 11/100.

Of course I would never spin the tires, or run it up to redline....Which will push it even higher..

On a longer Hiway run, I can get down into the 8 L/100 range with the ZR-1. Normal around town, Stop and Go, will push it up to 10 or 11/100.

Of course I would never spin the tires, or run it up to redline....Which will push it even higher..

LOL, I love it when it goes to about 50L/100 km when you nail it.

Not sure (yet) what it is at top speed but I'm guessing it would just as bad (ass)...

Lay some rubber baby..

C.