Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
This is a photo I am posting for my friend Bob. (VT65)
Back in the day Bob's Dad was the proprietor of a local gas station. So it is only fitting to have his 65 vert in for some leaded gas. Should make his car run a lot better.

xdyk.jpg

By the way: photo shopped picture courteous of John Izzy.

That picture was taken around 1964, notice the cobblestone road.....My Dad built the garage (Gare Motors) himself with his best friend Don Griswold in 1935, Don stayed on as service manager then ran the parts dept until the garage was sold in 1969. Dad had all 4 lines Chev, Olds, Pontiac & Buick....the small town of Norwich Ontario in a rich farming area was a great place to do business in. Never could talk Dad into stocking a Corvette though, what did I know, I was just a snotty nosed kid, however I sold my 1st car, a new 1964 Chevelle SS Convertable when I was 17 yrs old! Thanks Izzy for the crop job and Brian for the post.

Last edited:
That picture was taken around 1964, notice the cobblestone road.....My Dad built the garage (Gare Motors) himself with his best friend Don Griswold in 1935, Don stayed on as service manager then ran the parts dept until the garage was sold in 1969. Dad had all 4 lines Chev, Olds, Pontiac & Buick....the small town of Norwich Ontario in a rich farming area was a great place to do business in. Never could talk Dad into stocking a Corvette though, what did I know, I was just a snotty nosed kid, however I sold my 1st car, a new 1964 Chevelle SS Convertable when I was 17 yrs old! Thanks Izzy for the crop job and Brian for the post.

That's quite a story. Man, to live through those days in the auto business.

Now the BIG question is.... is that building still there?
Question #2 - if it does still exist... what does it look like now?

yes the building is still there but has been altered (Squared off) so to speak, the open area where the gas pumps are has been filled in, it is now a farm equipment store... don't have a picture

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread