Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So I am taking the car in tomorrow to ZR Auto for a full wrap job (I think it will be Suntek, although I could do the Xpel Ultimate as well). They have recommended the Suntek for a black car as they claim it is a glossier ppf. Any comments from personal experience with either. I decided against the 3m pro. No additional cost just my choice which one I want.

Reactions: kerry4
So I am taking the car in tomorrow to ZR Auto for a full wrap job (I think it will be Suntek, although I could do the Xpel Ultimate as well). They have recommended the Suntek for a black car as they claim it is a glossier ppf. Any comments from personal experience with either. I decided against the 3m pro. No additional cost just my choice which one I want.

I have 3M on my front bumper, mirror backs, door sills and door entry coves for five years now and have no yellowing. My hood and fenders are Suntek and have no complaints with it either. I'm sure you will get lots of recommendations Al.

Reactions: Cariboocreek
There is information on the web about the different products and how well they stand up to UV, thickness, rock chips, self healing properties, etc. I read some of it on the US forum, just FYI.

Mine is wrapped fully in Xpel Ultimate and I like the self healing properties and very pleased with the finish. I would be interested in a "lab" type test of small rocks or projectile impacts on various different manufacturer PPF's to see which would hold up better.

Personal view. I got to know all of the products very well before I went with XPel Ultimate in 2015. I swear by it and there is no yellowing whatsoever after five years and, in fact, I just might post a picture below... Warranty and customer service were the winners with me and XPel and, at least back then, Suntek couldn't touch that. I seem to remember Suntek being thinner back then. Great choice going full PPF if you travel by the way. The only think I will advise is to wash the car regularly and make sure it gets sun. The PPF requires both to do what it does. I haven't applies a spec of wax since 2015 and I still typically simply just hose the car down and wipe. Dirt doesnt stick and there is never any swirl marks either as the sun takes care of that... Definitely not a garage queen.

IMG_20200502_093056.jpg

Ya so just confirmed... Xpel ten year warranty to include discoloration. Winner. Xpel thicker for better protection for stones. Winner. Suntek shinier. I might disagree eheh. Although I read that Suntek is self-healing like XPel, people who had Suntek in this thread below say it isnt self-healing. That would be a killer for me. Self-healing is a must and you will see all kinds of dinks and marks from stone debris disappear when you wash the car. It is amazing.

Is Suntek PPF just as good as XPel?

Oh and sorry.... You're installer is key. For Xpel coverage, he must be a certified Xpel installer. I have seen some horrid PPF jobs in Corvettes over the years, all from non-installers of that specific product. My installer from Milton did both pre-cut and custom cut installation... Amazing job. I met the XPel team in Carlisle and they said flat out, if there is any yellowing, discoloration or stains within ten years, bring it in to an installer and it will be replaced...10 years.

I've got a 2019 Grand Sport convertible, I had it done in SunTek Ultra in April 2018. The dealer was authorized for SunTek, Xpel and 3M. I chose SunTek Ultra because it offered the same thickness, self heat-healing properties, and 10 year warranty (including discolouration) as Xpel for a little less $$$. SunTek Ultra also offered a choice of gloss or matte finish at the time. My installer opinion was SunTek Ultra and Xpel were so close he couldn't say one was better than the other. I'm happy with my choice, I don't think you'll go wrong with either. If I were to do it again, I would pay the extra money and go with a custom hand cut rather than the computer cut pieces because the hand cut truly does a complete wrap under hood, doors, trunk, wheel wells, etc.. Good luck.

I’ve had Suntek pff protecting the entire front end of 2 of my vehicles and tint on the vette. It was all done at ZR auto in Calgary. I know they have some bad reviews but I am very happy with every job they did. The rear glass on the vette ended up having a small crack in the tint and they redid the entire window at no cost. I am a ZR auto customer for life!

So I ended up going with the Suntek. Full wrap and then ceramic applied on top. ZR Auto is also going to add some stripes to perty up the car a bit as well.

I have never had a wrap done before. What kind of cost would I be looking at for a full wrap? Will be “hopefully“ getting new C8 this summer and was thinking I would like to get it done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.