Apr 24, 2011
Comox Vancouver Island B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C-6
I took this photo while on a trip from Vancouver Island to Guelph Ontario.
After the second day out the numbers just kept climbing and the third day out I took a quick picture.
IMG-20120523-00004.jpg

The fourth day out was the highest at 546 miles, but I didn't get a picture. My question is, has anyone else ever had mileage like that with their Vette
Rob

Rob,
I had a short note earlier on the Forum.....go green, buy a corvette !!
With my 2011 coupe, unless I go crazy....get 33/35mpg as an average on city/highway
travel. [ crazy defined as running through the gears and using the torque available].

Great cars.....enjoy,
Tony, Welland. [ where its 32C, 41C with humidity....ugh! ]

Great Gas Mileage

With a mix of city, highway and a little horsing around ours runs a little over 30 mpg. With a round trip to Smiths Falls, Kingston and back to Peterborough, we got 34-35 mpg (Imperial). There was some city driving in that too. On the return trip from Kingston to Port Hope on 401 it sat on 7 litres per 100 km much of the time. Not bad for a 2005 and a whole bunch better than the L78 Chevelle that never got better than 14.1 mpg and was mostly in the 10-12 mpg range. We're thoroughly enjoying our car and the gas mileage just makes it that much more enjoyable. People just take for granted that Corvettes are gas guzzlers. Let's just let them keep on thinking that. :driving:

i have an 05 and just returned from a trip to nanaimoa, bc. came back thru the usa, averaged 28 mpg canadian and 24 mpg on the interstate, speed limit was 75 so i did 78. i have the 4sp auto. if you are driving back to the island your milage may drop a tiny bit as it is uphill on the retrun trip

Thanks for the replies. Finally able to crunch some numbers this morning and this is how they read.
Total miles driven 7,688.73 Total fuel burned 231.88 US gallons.
Figured it that way as most of the fuel was bought state side. So the average for the whole trip works out to 7,688.73 -231.88 = 33.158 us mpg.
Just for the heck of it I converted it to Imperial and the number is 39.82 mpg.
The other thing to add is I changed the oil and filter before I left and on return the DIC still said 72% oil life remaining.
What's left to say, CORVETTES ARE AWSOME!!!!!!!
Rob

Reactions: Keith Tedford
A friend asked me if I would ever go back to a Chevelle again. I said only if I could take the drive train, the air conditioning, the seats, the wheels..........Not likely was what I was trying to say.

I took this photo while on a trip from Vancouver Island to Guelph Ontario.
After the second day out the numbers just kept climbing and the third day out I took a quick picture.
IMG-20120523-00004.jpg

The fourth day out was the highest at 546 miles, but I didn't get a picture. My question is, has anyone else ever had mileage like that with their Vette
Rob
The highest range I saw on my C6 was 592 miles.

The highest range I saw on my C6 was 592 miles.

The fuel range readout is based on instantaneous calculations. Pushing the go pedal, coasting, or going downhill can change it drastically. A more accurate look is setting your litres per 100 km average readout for at least 100 km. I have mine set to 600 km average right now and get about 10.2 L/100 km daily driving. A longer trip brings me down to about 8.2 L/100 km. The best 100 km average I got was 7.3 L/100 km. And btw, I never use ECO mode...

Finally a run.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.