It is very sad and also very surprising the amount of drivers that never think to look in the owners manual for information about their cars...
Even though the manual would've shown the floor levers,I think that’s something salesmen should be pointing out on these cars.
For poop and giggles next spring,I’m going to play stupid and test a salesmen at one of the dealerships. Come in there stating I’m a Corvette newbie.

Our 2005 has the release cable in the back to open the gas filler door if the electronic release fails. Then they have the handles down on the floor beside the seats in case the electronic door releases fail. Just give us back our door handles instead of duplicating everything. GM has gone to the goofy stage in an attempt to give us lots of new and different electronic gizmos. You need to read your big, thick manual to understand all this stuff. We bought our car off a guy. We drove about a mile and pulled into a gas station to fill up.......How do I shut this thing off. If I couldn't figure it out, I would have had to drive back to his place. HMMM, perhaps it is a rocker switch. I pressed the lower part of the switch and the car shut off. What a relief that was.

Our 2005 has the release cable in the back to open the gas filler door if the electronic release fails. Then they have the handles down on the floor beside the seats in case the electronic door releases fail. Just give us back our door handles instead of duplicating everything. GM has gone to the goofy stage in an attempt to give us lots of new and different electronic gizmos. You need to read your big, thick manual to understand all this stuff. We bought our car off a guy. We drove about a mile and pulled into a gas station to fill up.......How do I shut this thing off. If I couldn't figure it out, I would have had to drive back to his place. HMMM, perhaps it is a rocker switch. I pressed the lower part of the switch and the car shut off. What a relief that was.
I have a manual release for my gas door release on my 06 vette but it did not work.

Bought an actuator from GM to be installed next May..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.