YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Handy Apps for your smart phone like pure gas for a list of nearby High Octane ETHANOL FREE fuel stations for your Corvette. Although still a good habit to always look for the “may contain ethanol” stickers on the pumps though. Whether nearby or on a trip, this should be very handy as it has a “map” switch just like gas buddy.

www.pure-gas.org

www.gasbuddy.com

Made a trip south of Calgary this week and finding other no-ethanol fuel stations
(and not just coop and shell) …. who knew :Hurray:

Also found the app misses a few ... the coop closest to my home isn’t shown …

so realizing quickly it will be the tool I use for when I don’t know where the hell I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Tried the pure-gas app in Tucson AZ this morning and found fuel listed in Phoenix. I knew Tucson was a little more relaxed but we do have many fuel stations near out house. ;):Confused5:;) I guess it's not used much around here.

Reactions: YFCvii
Found this on the internet. It is from 2015. Will be having a closer look at the other than Shell brands.
Not quite sure about the labeling on the pumps. That might have faded away.

As an update to this, Feb 15th, 2019; I checked on the Pure gas app and they list a lot of Esso 91 as well as the Shell 91 so there may be some truth that the higher end gas is ethanol free. To be verified.

Shell 91, (or V-Power 93) and most of the other brand "premium" gasolines do not have ethanol. The Canadian regulation requires 10% ethanol average in its fuel, by volume sold. So your lowest tier (usually 87 octane) will have 10% to 15% ethanol in it. Most people buy this as it is the cheapest (often 10 to 12 cents/L less than the premium). The mid-range gas (89 octane) will have 5% to 7% ethanol. Let's say that by this point 95% of the people have bought gas with ethanol in it. This leave the other 5% able to buy ethanol free gasoline and still have the retailer meet the regulatory requirements.
It is also mandated that gasoline with ethanol be labeled as such. When you go to the pump, there will be a sticker beside it saying "may contain up to xx% ethanol." The ethanol free ones will also be labeled.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread