EricC8

Casual User
Jul 4, 2023
VetteCoins
Anyone know a good front license plate alternative? Can you plz attach a link to the product. Thank you!

1692460057215.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Cam_rabbits
Anyone know a good front license plate alternative? Can you plz attach a link to the product. Thank you!
Mine dealer bent mine in the hole. I had the front plate holder but never installed. I have the plate and it looks better.

Not from too close but you can get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Mine dealer bent mine in the hole. I had the front plate holder but never installed. I have the plate and it looks better.

Not from too close but you can get the idea.

Ya, you can screw the plate in under the cover. If I did that I'd use standoffs so you don't have to bend the plate. You can buy standoffs just about anywhere including Amazon.

If you like the STO N SHO type, and have a Non Z51, without the front spitter I have brand new one never installed. I ordered it well before the car order and then changed some options.

Sto N Show I believe mounts underneath the front as such clearance may become an issue? You may lose plate and not even know it...
The factory built in the front plate holder, once at show if desired you can remove plate easily and install cover plate giving totally clean front, if desired of course...
1000003440.jpg

Sto N Show I believe mounts underneath the front as such clearance may become an issue? You may lose plate and not even know it...
The factory built in the front plate holder, once at show if desired you can remove plate easily and install cover plate giving totally clean front, if desired of course...View attachment 113187
It took me a few minutes to figure out why your car looked different- you moved the front logo!

Sick meaning good or bad lol…matter of personal preference. Every time I see a plate mounted like that it’s always been on some slammed car. So, not my cup of tea, but if you like it then go for it!
I like it. Lol!

How does the Corvette license plate factory mount work? Are there drill holes in the bumper?

I like it. Lol!

How does the Corvette license plate factory mount work? Are there drill holes in the bumper?
There are 2 slots and 2 screw holes under the cover for the factory mount. The factory one rides high and contacts the nose of the car which is why most don't like it as it rubs the paint. I made my own mount as above and used the 2 existing screw holes to mount the plate. It's held on well for almost 3 years.

Put 2 washers behind the factory bracket and it will never touch the bumper
You got me thinking. One could even use some felt furniture feet stuck on behind the bracket to keep it off the nose. Now if there was a way to lower it ... LOL

AHA ! So there's a Cover! No wonder no screw holes. Well I have been velcroing my plates on for years because they get swapped between winter/summer vehicles and I got tired of 8 screws. When I got the C8 I noticed no holes in the front plate holder but didnt care and just stuck my velcro on. Its been like that for 10,000 km and 2.5 years and has not fallen off.

However I met a guy who glued small magnets to the license and the cars and that seems like a good idea. Very easy to reposition.

Ya, you can screw the plate in under the cover. If I did that I'd use standoffs so you don't have to bend the plate. You can buy standoffs just about anywhere including Amazon.
I cut 4 pieces of 3/8 vinyl tubing, 5/8" long, and used them as spacers. You have to use longer screws, but the plate is only slightly bent, and somewhat recessed.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I've always thought the C8 has the best front plate mounting spot of any car I've owned.

Just bend the plate slightly and screw it righ into the factory holes under the front factory cover. I then added a medium tinted cover on top and the front plate is hardly noticable.

Been driving C8's for 3.5 years like this with no issues from the Police.

front plate.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.