Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
Has anyone had this happen with their C6? We took a day trip on a very hot weekend to a nearby resort town, and when my better half
Opened her door, I hear a snap. Upon closer examination, the door was grazing the front fender. The gap compared to the driver side was quite a bit less. I'm not certain if something shifted, or just expansion of the panel caused this. My car has never been in an accident, so that is not why the panel-door gap is smaller than the driver side.
When I got home, I looked up through google, and got a few hits. Those that had this happened simply brought it to the dealer to get the panel gap readjusted. Others moved the door back just a tad to widen the gap, between the door and front fender. That is what I did, as it was the simplest and fastest way to rectify the issue at hand. I losened the top door to body bolts, moved the door back about a milimeter, tightend one of the bolts, then loosed the bottom door to body bolts, moved the bottom out equally to the top, kept the door in plane by doing the door for the correct closure, then opened and tightened all the bolts.
After more research, apparently if one removes the fender liner, a bolt can he accessed and loosened to allow the panel to be moved slightly and possibly fix the gap. I will do that to see how much movement is available. If there is enough, I'll reset the door to It's original position.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.