I ordered it from Midwest Corvette. I attached some pics for those who may be interested. The ad is pretty precise, it states that it does not fully fill the embossing as you will see in the pics. It attaches by both epoxy glue and 3 screws which I also show in the pics. If I were to do it again I would prob not utilise the screws-no way its coming if with that epoxy. Its a very nice 3D image, Im sure its not for everyone but imo the underside of the hood looks much better.... Ohh, and apologies for all the sun you see in the background.... :Angelsad2:

Thanks Paul. I may have to check one of those out. Did you have to remove your liner or could you install in place?

Actually we are having our first day in the 20's here today and my snow is disappearing fast...so as much as I appreciate your sending some sun our way (even if it was in a picture), I think we might be finally into our sunny and warm season.... Let me know when it rains in Van and I will send some sun back your way.... :tongue2:

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Thanks Paul. I may have to check one of those out. Did you have to remove your liner or could you install in place?

Actually we are having our first day in the 20's here today and my snow is disappearing fast...so as much as I appreciate your sending some sun our way (even if it was in a picture), I think we might be finally into our sunny and warm season.... Let me know when it rains in Van and I will send some sun back your way.... :tongue2:

Rruff Day, I removed the liner. To remove its a pretty easy 1 person job, but to reinstall it would have been easier with two sets of hands as the weight of the emblem wants the liner to fall forward. In theory, with two people and an epoxy only install you could leave the liner in place. But, you would need to keep pressure on the emblem until the epoxy has a chance to dry a bit hence two sets of hands. I would say 8-10 mins before you could let go then it needs to cure for an hour. My wife is a very straight shooter on mods..... she approves. And yes.. rain is on the way...

Update on crossed flag underhood emblem......... having installed the emblem a couple of days ago and having a chance to stare at it every time I was in the garage, I decided that I did not like the look of the chrome acorn nuts the emblem comes with. So, I cut some machine round head screws (you can buy short ones, I just used what I had at home) and painted the heads black with automotive paint and also sprayed them with a protective clear coat. After reinstalling with my new screws I am 100% satisfied and glad I changed the stock ones out. IMO after looking at the stock chrome acorn ones for a couple of days the acorn heads looked way to big and the chrome seemed a bit out of place and they were a bit to noticeable. The new black ones are hardly noticeable as the emblem has a bit of black colored highlights in the area of the screws and it helps them to disappear. I posted this as a fyi in case anyone was thinking of buying one...... huge improvement and it looks great. Here is a pic with the new screws... you can compare this to my prior posted pic on page 1 which shows it mounted with the 'acorn nuts'

Attachments

• Image 8.jpg
    Image 8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
It’s all in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Looks good either way to me. But sometimes pictures do not do things justice.

That’s a really cool mod. Suiting touch for the hood of a Corvette. :thumbs:

I'll be taking delivery of my Z06 soon and am looking at wrap / ceramic coating options. Looking for some advice from those who have done either and / or those with opinions...

The full wrap seems to be the more expensive option. The "self healing" feature is interesting for sure. Mine won't be an everyday driver, though there will be some time spent dodging debris on the 401 here in Ontario.

Are there any cautionary wrap tales out there that anyone's seen or experienced? Pretty much everything I've read has been positive.

I gotta admit, watching some of the install videos for the wrap - I get a little freaked out when I see them pulling pieces of the car off...anyone else?

I had my 2019 Grand Sport wrapped a couple weeks ago with SunTek Ultra....everything except the trunk and rear-end. It looks fine but there's no hiding the film edges. My suggestion if you do go with PPM, try to find a custom installer that has tons of experience doing entire panel wraps and NOT using the computer cut-outs or using as few as possible. I realize there are some parts where it is difficult to 'tuck-in' the film edges but otherwise the edges of film are visible on most body panels.

Don't get me wrong, the wrap looks fine and I'm sure I'll appreciate it more once I get a stone chip or a door nick and experience the heat healing at work, I just think it's worth it to pay more to find someone that truly does custom and free-hand work to fully wrap as many body panels as possible.

Reactions: cwc
I'll be taking delivery of my Z06 soon and am looking at wrap / ceramic coating options. Looking for some advice from those who have done either and / or those with opinions...

The full wrap seems to be the more expensive option. The "self healing" feature is interesting for sure. Mine won't be an everyday driver, though there will be some time spent dodging debris on the 401 here in Ontario.

Are there any cautionary wrap tales out there that anyone's seen or experienced? Pretty much everything I've read has been positive.

I gotta admit, watching some of the install videos for the wrap - I get a little freaked out when I see them pulling pieces of the car off...anyone else?

Check out this thread.

Xpel saves the day

Les has his 15Z done completely and it looks great. It has stood up really well too.

I went with the selective coverage and yes the edges are visible if you are looking for them. But overall I’m happy with the results.

Ziggy started the thread with a repair saved by his Xpel wrap.

D

Reactions: cwc
I`m glad? to hear we here in B.C. aren`t the only ones with shitty roads...especially secondary roads , mine you some of our "Major " highways are falling apart here (asphalt is practicing social distancing I guess)...for this reason car was wrapped with Xpel Ultimate Plus done 3/4 of car before car left JackCarter in Calgary(should just have done whole car).I am more than happy with product even though the edges are visible , any edges that get build up underneath can be cleaned up if necessary and reset.

Reactions: MD501
I actually got some pretty good scratched in my xpel too and after a day in the sun it actually did self heal too. I can live with the edges for the protection it gives

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread