No handicap spot in front of your office Eric?
I assume you did that as a joke or it was a Sunday right. I would expect every kind of debris and bodily fluids all over my car if parked like that.
It’s true that no matter how far I park in the back 40 of a parking lot I come out and find some beater parked beside my Vette. Oddly enough this rarely happens with the Hummer. I often thought of attaching a few messed up plastic car body parts under the bumpers of the H1 as it’s about 22 inches off the deck. Just for fun. ;)

No handicap spot in front of your office Eric?
I assume you did that as a joke or it was a Sunday right. I would expect every kind of debris and bodily fluids all over my car if parked like that.
It’s true that no matter how far I park in the back 40 of a parking lot I come out and find some beater parked beside my Vette. Oddly enough this rarely happens with the Hummer. I often thought of attaching a few messed up plastic car body parts under the bumpers of the H1 as it’s about 22 inches off the deck. Just for fun. ;)

No handicap spots Derek. That's my office and all those spots are ours. The company owns three bays wide. I am...errr... was.. the associate manager so no flak over my parking the vette... and that is the way I park in front of my office.
That's hilarious Derek. Maybe attach one of those bloody halloween cut of arms to the H1 as well.... :rofl:

Reactions: ddgermann
I remember the first time I pulled into the driveway with my '99 - OMG- what was that! my wife exclaimed. Anyhow, it's a problem with every C5 and entering driveways on an angle minimizes the noise for sure. I have a GM VHS tape (anyone remember what those are) delivered with the car when new that explains the hinged air dam and not to get concerned - it's designed to fold back and make noise. With my driveway it's much worse backing in so everyone's experience is different. I looked at those aftermarket skid plates and I think if you need those you definitely have a too steep driveway angle and the air dam is still going to make a lot of noise regardless.

I've gotten better with practice, but sometimes I can't win.
If all the other cars are out, I can make the perfect angle and it's in and out like a dream. If my wife parks too far over, or if my truck is in the third spot, I'm euchred and get a good scrape that I know is full-on rad support.
Going with the fangs!
Parking lots are still a whole different adventure at this point...lots of back 40 parking. The upside is I get to admire the car longer on my long walks back to it :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread