Casual User
May 9, 2018
Whitby
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5
Province
ON
hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows of a good paint guy in the GTA. I have scuffed the paint on my front bumper and I'm looking getting it fixed ASAP.
20190609_094712.jpg

Sorry to see this ... I'm too far away for knowing however I'm sure this thread of yours
will be valuable for others near you either now or someday ... so please let us know
later on with how this repair works out for you :thumbs:
Thank you for posting

I was directed to a guy named "Dan" at 905-319-7885 by a friend who also owns a Vette. This guy showed up with a fully stocked and ready to go portable touch up van with paint, compressor, etc. Apparently many of the auto dealers use him for doing small scratches, dents, etc fixes on site. He'll come to your house or wherever. I was very satisfied with the job he did on my '99. Same kind of problem and in metallic red which he matched very well.

I was directed to a guy named "Dan" at 905-319-7885 by a friend who also owns a Vette. This guy showed up with a fully stocked and ready to go portable touch up van with paint, compressor, etc. Apparently many of the auto dealers use him for doing small scratches, dents, etc fixes on site. He'll come to your house or wherever. I was very satisfied with the job he did on my '99. Same kind of problem and in metallic red which he matched very well.
what kind of pricing were you looking at? was there any overspray?

My job was around $200. There was a bit of overspray (clearcoat) which was easily removed with rubbing compound. I can tell you he will do a very good job but obviously not as good as removing the bumper and getting a body shop to repaint. But then the cost difference is huge.

My job was around $200. There was a bit of overspray (clearcoat) which was easily removed with rubbing compound. I can tell you he will do a very good job but obviously not as good as removing the bumper and getting a body shop to repaint. But then the cost difference is huge.
thanks for the information, I'm in the middle of talking to a body shop and that could be the deciding factor, I've never had to deal with this and I really only have mechanical knowledge and none about paint.

Matching paint on older cars is always tricky due to fading. A collision shop usually simply mixes a batch according to the original colour specs and you can very often see the difference because they've painted the entire bumper which contrasts right up against the hood. I would at least give this Dan guy a call (assuming he's not retired) and at least get some idea. He'll want you to send him a pic so he should know if he can do a decent job you'd be satisfied with.

So here's the final product, just got the car back 2 days ago. I decided to go with a auto body shop. The body man came highly recommended from a neighbor who is in this industry and I think he did a great job. The bumper was removed and fully painted with 4 coats, plus a hard clear coat. I was nervous like you couldn't believe but Louie from IFIX Auto in Scarborough knows his stuff. He took the time and did 10 test coats before he was happy with the colour. Very meticulous, which is exactly what I wanted for this car, the price also couldnt be beat. I highly recommend him. Let me know what you guys think. Also got touch up paint, plus a detail. Louie at IFIX Auto 416-904-6899.

20190617_102036.jpg
20190617_102020.jpg

So here's the final product, just got the car back 2 days ago. I decided to go with a auto body shop. The body man came highly recommended from a neighbor who is in this industry and I think he did a great job. The bumper was removed and fully painted with 4 coats, plus a hard clear coat. I was nervous like you couldn't believe but Louie from IFIX Auto in Scarborough knows his stuff. He took the time and did 10 test coats before he was happy with the colour. Very meticulous, which is exactly what I wanted for this car, the price also couldnt be beat. I highly recommend him. Let me know what you guys think. Also got touch up paint, plus a detail. Louie at IFIX Auto 416-904-6899.

View attachment 28245View attachment 28246

Looks great from here

Reactions: Mosport
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.