Apr 9, 2015
St.Albert, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8 HTC
Province
AB
”As it just so happens, GM dealers now have a new tool at their disposal called “VINVIEW.” Introduced via a partnership with FreightVerify, a logistics and supply chain company, dealers for all four GM North American brands can now track new GM vehicle orders with greater ease.

Here’s how the new GM vehicle tracking system works. VINVIEW utilizes a vehicle’s OnStar module to track the vehicle location, providing near-realtime VIN location, mapping, and intelligent ETA for dealers.

A dealer can now use VINVIEW to pull up a vehicle order, and find information provided on the vehicle model, trim level, the last major “milestone” (such as if the vehicle was bayed is now ready for shipping), where it’s coming from, when it’s scheduled to be picked up, destination details, and ETA.” Quote from article in GMAuthority.com

Anyone in Canada have such tracking info provided to them by their dealer?

Mine never provided me with any realtime map data but I was given an ETA, destination details and all the rest. I'm not sure if they used VINVIEW to get this info or if they get it through workbench (like the status codes).

Unfortunately my car is past the estimated delivery date that is in their system (June 19th) and the last update shows it was Ingersoll on the 19th (I am 4300). Maybe I'll see if they can look up the realtime location using VINVIEW, assuming they know what it is because at this point myself and my salesman don't know why the car isn't here yet.

Mine never provided me with any realtime map data but I was given an ETA, destination details and all the rest. I'm not sure if they used VINVIEW to get this info or if they get it through workbench (like the status codes).

Unfortunately my car is past the estimated delivery date that is in their system (June 19th) and the last update shows it was Ingersoll on the 19th (I am 4300). Maybe I'll see if they can look up the realtime location using VINVIEW, assuming they know what it is because at this point myself and my salesman don't know why the car isn't here yet.
I'm not sure how he would know it was in Ingersoll without Vinview. It also surprises me that Vinview would use OnStar because from what I've heard it takes the car out of transport mode and could drain the battery.

I believe he knew it was in Ingersoll because the destination said Bowling Green to Ingersoll. GM Authoirty says VINVIEW uses OnStar, whether that's correct is anyone's guess.

I did just ask my salesman to use VINVIEW and he said he got it to work. Car shows as being at the CAMI plant in Ingersoll and now lists it as Delayed.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I believe he knew it was in Ingersoll because the destination said Bowling Green to Ingersoll. GM Authoirty says VINVIEW uses OnStar, whether that's correct is anyone's guess.

I did just ask my salesman to use VINVIEW and he said he got it to work. Car shows as being at the CAMI plant in Ingersoll and now lists it as Delayed.
Looks like you will have her in your possession soon.

Does anyone on here have access to FreightVerify or know someone that does by any chance? My dealer has been very slow to respond and provide any updates. Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.