Feb 23, 2013
Midland, Ont.
VetteCoins
Car
1979 L48 Auto
Hello All,

came across a zip file that contains four individual AC Delco manuals related to Quadrajets; namely, 4MV, 4MC, M4MC, and M4ME.

1) Service Manual

2) Carb Specs

3) Adjustment Procedures

4) Troubleshooting Guide

These are great for rebuilding/tuning your carb or just make good reading material if you prefer.

I was always taught to share; so if anyone would like the file, just send me a PM and I'll get it sent out to you ASAP.

Take care.

B

Reactions: turbozig
Hello All,

came across a zip file that contains four individual AC Delco manuals related to Quadrajets; namely, 4MV, 4MC, M4MC, and M4ME.

1) Service Manual

2) Carb Specs

3) Adjustment Procedures

4) Troubleshooting Guide

These are great for rebuilding/tuning your carb or just make good reading material if you prefer.

I was always taught to share; so if anyone would like the file, just send me a PM and I'll get it sent out to you ASAP.

Take care.

B

I am new to the forum but that would be awesome.

Cheers, it's been a while since I originally posted and to be honest, I'd kinda forgotten about the files. I received a lot of interest on the American site - but even that subsided about 2 years ago. I find this kind of info really invaluable, since even finding a mechanic in my area that feels comfortable working on a carb is becoming rarer and rarer......so you end up doing it yourself.

I ran into this same type of issue a few years ago when I converted to a fibreglass rear spring. None of the local "Mom and Pop" shops even wanted to touch the job with a 10 foot pole. In fact most of the responses I received went something like, "Oh.....a Corvette.......ahh, we don't work on those." So off to the forums and YouTube and do a little research. That's why for me any time I can constructively give back to the forums it's truly a pleasure......because without them, there'd have been a lot of head scratching.

I think for me personally, as time goes by I'm becoming more "shade tree mechanic" as it relates to my C3. Actually, I probably trust my own work more......as I've had to actually rework jobs that I paid someone else to do. That was a while ago, in the early years of ownership.......but I always try to learn from my mistakes.

I will pick my battles.......but my entire brake system, cooling system, suspension and most engine work (internally I've only ever done the valve seals), have been taken care of by yours truly.

I just had to order a new dimmer switch yesterday from Rock Auto, as mine has decided to s**t the bed after only 39 years........geesh....lol.

Hopefully you have another few weeks before putting yours away, mine will be in by Halloween. Put up some pics if you get a chance, it would be great to see the Haliburton fall colours.

All the best

B

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread