Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
I've been searching for an offset 14" drop base for my air cleaner ever since Manny delivered my '75 home. Manny informed me that they were having trouble holding the timing as the 14" air cleaner I had was making contact with the HEI distributor and making it slowly rotate.

I found this one at Summit Racing and ordered it: http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/aaf-all26091/overview/

And here's a few pics of it installed:

It fits under the hood even better than the old one I had as it has a little more drop to it and it still clears the electric choke and throttle linkages on the Edelbrock carb. A great solution that enabled me to keep the LT1 look I'm after. :D

Lookin' real smart under the hood there Greg.......very nice.

...but what's that "choke" and "throttle linkage" you're talking about.....sounds vaguely familiar but can't quite put my finger on it...... :D:D:D

Nice to chat this evening -- glad to hear you had a great time. Looking forward to pics when you get caught up some.

Cheers,
Colin.

People throw great big rwhp numbers around all the time. I think you will be more than pleasantly surprised at the performance that the car will have. Probably 95% of the old musclecars had less.

good solution to the hood clearance plague on the vettes. :D

colin, in tech terms, those things that you mention are gizmo's connected to the loud pedal......hope that helps. :D

I was in my old parts bin recently and found some 'dinosaurs' : timing light, points and condenser, distributor cap ........ They sure harkened back to a simpler, more fun time......

In many ways I really miss it. ..:D

Kudos to you guys for keeping it very much alive and well.

C.

I was in my old parts bin recently and found some 'dinosaurs' : timing light, points and condenser, distributor cap ........ They sure harkened back to a simpler, more fun time......

In many ways I really miss it. ..:D

Kudos to you guys for keeping it very much alive and well.

C.

if an engine's gonna grenade.......i wanna be the one to do it - not some friggin' computer !!! :rofl: :rofl:

I see that a lot of companies offer free shipping to US destinations but not us in Canada.
Some of the guys have border address PO boxes to have things shipped to and then travel down to the boxes for pickup.

Good idea to have friends bring parts back for you Doug.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread