I have the Carfax -- clean title, since original owner. no accidents reported, and proper maintenance what is there is reported as fine. So far what I am presented it looks very nice.

Regards
Charles

if the car is far away. have him take it to his local GM dealer and pay for an inspection. if the car is clean. arrange for it to be picked up and delivered to you with a money transfer to the dealership acting on your behalf

• Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day
There are better out there with less Km's. Tires on that car are also not as expensive as shoeing a Z06 it's a base sized tire. Quick glance yielded this for one example

Checked on this car , here in Ontario, it was in an accident he provided the carfar on the ad, 15k damage -- says moderate damage and was on the right front. not sure what 'moderate' damage is but it concerned me.

regards
Charles

Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice. This is a major purchase for me, I guess it is for everyone; unfortunately G_D did not make me handsome or rich, so I have to be careful what I purchase. This is my dream car, what I can afford; and still keep my Son in school which here in Ontario is costing me a fortune but that is another story; preserve my marriage, yes the wife is fine "you want to buy what?' she is ok with it as long as it is the right car, etc. By nature I am not much of a gambler or chance taker; man I am a super conservative investor I am not one to take the long-shot so to speak. But I truly want the right car, I really want the Sunday driver car. If you read some of my other posts you will see I am NOT - the Racer, the HP obsessed, or any of that -- while that is PERFECTLY FINE DO NOT GET ME WRONG; a) I am not that good a driver, and b) I am only really looking for the Corvette "lifestyle" -- the feeling I get even when driving 'slowly', the position you sit in, the feel of the thick steering wheel. I know this all sounds corny, I sound like a terrible 70's ad. Hey I sowed my wild oats along time ago. I just want a reliable REAL Corvette again, this would be my 4th car. My third the 2000 C5 loaded with everything in Silver -- did not live with me very long, about 1.5 years, at the time a new house and my just literally the same year getting married (though my new wife bought me the glass roof for it for a present - and that was not cheap here NEW) forced the sell of the car. It has been nearly 17 years, and the itch is back again.

This car has to be special, I know I know they are all special. But I have specifics that I am looking for; RED -- did I say I love RED Corvettes -- I know silly of me, but to me this is what turns my crank. I have had 2 RED Corvettes, well you might ask why Silver on the third, well the dealer who offered me the BRAND NEW At he time 16km on it such a good price; my car current car was in for oil change; I could not resist. and no matter how much I asked him to perform magic and make it RED -- it did not work - -so I bought it.

Anyways that is my silly story, bored everyone enough I am sure. Talk soon

Once again thank you everyone for the excellent advice I am learning a lot.

Regards,
Charles -- in search of the elusive RED Corvette -- let's live the dream again.

if the car is far away. have him take it to his local GM dealer and pay for an inspection. if the car is clean. arrange for it to be picked up and delivered to you with a money transfer to the dealership acting on your behalf
This is interesting, a dealer will ship a USED Car from one place to the other? how much would that cost? Personally I am using this a bonding time; should I buy a car far far away, the drive back will be with my son and I am seriously looking forward to the bonding time. I live a very busy work schedule, and I want to give my son more time -- this is really a great opportunity since we will also be in a COOL Corvette.

He told his friends "my dad is buying a Corvette' - no one believed him LOL

Regards
Charles

the dealership will act as the third party or referee if you will.
they will not ship it. you have to make this arrangements. but the dealer will hold the car and see that it get picked up and confirm that it's on it's way.i did this with the car I bought. I'm in Ontario and the car came from Alberta.

Reactions: charles2010
the dealership will act as the third party or referee if you will.
they will not ship it. you have to make this arrangements. but the dealer will hold the car and see that it get picked up and confirm that it's on it's way.i did this with the car I bought. I'm in Ontario and the car came from Alberta.

My last car came from Ontario to Alberta and the dealership arranged the shipping.
In this case they may not want to get involved but would certainly be able to provide him a contact to a good enclosed shipper. Although they are not hard to find.

I like the way Charles wants to do it though. Fly over and drive it home. Some good memories waiting there. 👍

Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice. This is a major purchase for me, I guess it is for everyone; unfortunately G_D did not make me handsome or rich, so I have to be careful what I purchase. This is my dream car, what I can afford; and still keep my Son in school which here in Ontario is costing me a fortune but that is another story; preserve my marriage, yes the wife is fine "you want to buy what?' she is ok with it as long as it is the right car, etc. By nature I am not much of a gambler or chance taker; man I am a super conservative investor I am not one to take the long-shot so to speak. But I truly want the right car, I really want the Sunday driver car. If you read some of my other posts you will see I am NOT - the Racer, the HP obsessed, or any of that -- while that is PERFECTLY FINE DO NOT GET ME WRONG; a) I am not that good a driver, and b) I am only really looking for the Corvette "lifestyle" -- the feeling I get even when driving 'slowly', the position you sit in, the feel of the thick steering wheel. I know this all sounds corny, I sound like a terrible 70's ad. Hey I sowed my wild oats along time ago. I just want a reliable REAL Corvette again, this would be my 4th car. My third the 2000 C5 loaded with everything in Silver -- did not live with me very long, about 1.5 years, at the time a new house and my just literally the same year getting married (though my new wife bought me the glass roof for it for a present - and that was not cheap here NEW) forced the sell of the car. It has been nearly 17 years, and the itch is back again.

This car has to be special, I know I know they are all special. But I have specifics that I am looking for; RED -- did I say I love RED Corvettes -- I know silly of me, but to me this is what turns my crank. I have had 2 RED Corvettes, well you might ask why Silver on the third, well the dealer who offered me the BRAND NEW At he time 16km on it such a good price; my car current car was in for oil change; I could not resist. and no matter how much I asked him to perform magic and make it RED -- it did not work - -so I bought it.

Anyways that is my silly story, bored everyone enough I am sure. Talk soon

Once again thank you everyone for the excellent advice I am learning a lot.

Regards,
Charles -- in search of the elusive RED Corvette -- let's live the dream again.
get a pic of the moderate damage or walk away

A trip to Alberta plus cost of a return drive or transport could be off putting. Cars are at peak season pricing right now. If you don't mind waiting try in October or during the winter months and the prices will drop. That being said a car advertised for 30 can often be taken for 28 if you are there with 2-5 grand cash and willing to close a deal in full that day. Grab a carfax and head to a trustworthy shop to check it over ( depending on your knowledge level, may not be required for some buyers) and then close it out in a flash. I hate when people start a haggle with me and aren't ready to commit. They bring you down in price and then say "okay I'll let you know" or "I just need to close this deal then I'm good to go". Show me some cash and then the dealing will start I say. Come with talk and be told to walk lol. Fair amount of red cars out there. Heck I even own a red one myself : )

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
A trip to Alberta plus cost of a return drive or transport could be off putting. Cars are at peak season pricing right now. If you don't mind waiting try in October or during the winter months and the prices will drop. That being said a car advertised for 30 can often be taken for 28 if you are there with 2-5 grand cash and willing to close a deal in full that day. Grab a carfax and head to a trustworthy shop to check it over ( depending on your knowledge level, may not be required for some buyers) and then close it out in a flash. I hate when people start a haggle with me and aren't ready to commit. They bring you down in price and then say "okay I'll let you know" or "I just need to close this deal then I'm good to go". Show me some cash and then the dealing will start I say. Come with talk and be told to walk lol. Fair amount of red cars out there. Heck I even own a red one myself : )
Good evening, thank you for your excellent advice, I will certainly take this into strong consideration.

Regards
Charles

Good evening, things are looking VERY BRIGHT for me, and my dream. Getting closer all the time. I want to thank everyone on the forum whom kindly contributed excellent advice to assist me in my dream to purchase my C6. I have located a car that is meeting the bill nicely. it also as I noted is a in a FAR AWAY LAND, and as I noted, I looking at this; provided this car turns on to be "the car" as bonding time with my Son on the way home from 'dream land" -- the dream continues... in pursuit of the RED Corvette..

Regards,
Charles

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Try these guys in Calgary. Have dealt with them before and they are pretty straight up. He has several real nice C6 cars advertised. www.envisionauto.com

Agreed. Shaun is a straight up guy and only deals with good solid cars. He is not at all interested in project or thrashed cars.
I bought my 15Z from him and it was mint as advertised. He took my 13Z on trade which was sold almost instantly in October. I drove it for a summer and traded it at my dealership for a new Z. Oddly enough it ended up back on his lot with a few more KMs on it from the guy who bought it off the dealership. Price was way better though the second time. Someone got a good deal on a very sweet 15 Z06.
He also actually ended up with My 09 H2 which was mint as well.

So @charles2010 its definitely worth your time to call Shaun. The up side is the car will be already completely gone over and have a car fax as all his cars do. No surprises for you then coming so far to get a car.

Good luck pal.

Agreed. Shaun is a straight up guy and only deals with good solid cars. He is not at all interested in project or thrashed cars.
I bought my 15Z from him and it was mint as advertised. He took my 13Z on trade which was sold almost instantly in October. I drove it for a summer and traded it at my dealership for a new Z. Oddly enough it ended up back on his lot with a few more KMs on it from the guy who bought it off the dealership. Price was way better though the second time. Someone got a good deal on a very sweet 15 Z06.
He also actually ended up with My 09 H2 which was mint as well.

So @charles2010 its definitely worth your time to call Shaun. The up side is the car will be already completely gone over and have a car fax as all his cars do. No surprises for you then coming so far to get a car.

Good luck pal.
I’ve visited him a few times Derek since you had mentioned him awhile back. Just to look at his stock more than anything. I’d have no issues buying a car from him if it came to that point. He knew my name,knew what kind of car I have. And knows that I’ve met you. And,,,,He’s got 2 Yorkies,Rocky and Rambo that run the office,,,from the couch !!

I’ve visited him a few times Derek since you had mentioned him awhile back. Just to look at his stock more than anything. I’d have no issues buying a car from him if it came to that point. He knew my name,knew what kind of car I have. And knows that I’ve met you. And,,,,He’s got 2 Yorkies,Rocky and Rambo that run the office,,,from the couch !!
The Yorkies lol. I forgot about them. They are a good enough dealer that I have recommended both friends and family there. Have not been burned or embarrassed by Shaun or Derek yet. Shaun will also look for any particular Vette you are dreaming of. He has more cars and contacts then his website may indicate.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Just as a sid note: Cariboocreek -- your CAR is GEORGEOUS -- wow I love the COLOR and the CAR -- I have to say that is a piece of ART WORK !! Enjoy!!

regards
Charles

(did I happen to mention I love RED Corvettes ..) LOL

Reactions: YFCvii
Just as a sid note: Cariboocreek -- your CAR is GEORGEOUS -- wow I love the COLOR and the CAR -- I have to say that is a piece of ART WORK !! Enjoy!!

regards
Charles

(did I happen to mention I love RED Corvettes ..) LOL
Thank you. I wish you the best in your search. My advice is be picky. Dont rush into a deal just to get one. I hunted for over a year until mine popped up. Then I moved so fast the Road Runner would have looked slow.

Red cars are faster. Its a proven fact...😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.