I don't think too many people do the side intake grill, as any restriction on airflow = loss of power. Might only be 10 or 20 hp, who knows, but no way I would live with that. I spent $500 on my Jeep 5.7l Mopar intake to cure the sewing machine engine sound and add 7 (SEVEN!! NOT SIX, SEVEN!) hp at the wheels. That's just my 2 cents.
A motor heats up to running temperature regardless of the grills. Grills will only change the performance if the engine can't stay at running temperature. That would likely never happen during normal street driving.

I'll probably order the "BILLFARO 2Pcs Upgraded Front Radiator Guards" from amazon.ca for $100. I'm feeling the need to get something C8 related to pass the time along. Already have a car cover, USB stick and vanity plates ready to go.
Did you purchase the Billfaro grill gairds? And if so are you happy with them? I am thinking about buying them for mine.

I got the billfaro grill guards from Amazon. Haven't installed them yet, but they look well built.
Mine seem to work alright stopping grass hoppers

Attachments

• 33E7C2D1-A718-467B-8E10-24BCBF7F5542.jpeg
    33E7C2D1-A718-467B-8E10-24BCBF7F5542.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
For those who have installed front (and maybe side) aluminum grill covers have you had any problems caused with them? I saw on a website that GM doesn't recommend them because of possible overheating issues however I see that they also now sell them on their site for $400 for just the fronts. GM also states that if the car overheats due to the grill install the warranty doesn't cover any problems, which if that's a concern why would they themselves sell them? I'm in Southwestern Ontario and although we get the occasional day in the mid to upper 30's we don't get constant 40-45 degree weather like some Southern U.S. areas so I don't know if the car overheating would even be an issue here. Are the aftermarket aluminum sets safe? Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Only ones GM approved I believe is scrape armour , they are about $500 cdn including shipping

Just rethinking whether or not the screens are a must have or nice to have option. Fifty+ years of car ownership and in s**t hole locations and never installed this type of protection before and never had a rock go through the grill or radiator. starting to think maybe this is overkill/hype just because it’s a C8. .None of my Vettes ever had it.

I put them on. 30 minute job. Last year I took a rock through the ac condenser on my pickup (dealer said had never seen that before) and it cost me $1600. I put a screen on that truck as well….

Reactions: Taz112
Just rethinking whether or not the screens are a must have or nice to have option. Fifty+ years of car ownership and in s**t hole locations and never installed this type of protection before and never had a rock go through the grill or radiator. starting to think maybe this is overkill/hype just because it’s a C8. .None of my Vettes ever had it.
None of your vettes were mid engine either. The rads are exposed in these cars, but they aren't the cooling rads, they are the A/C rads that are exposed. The cooling rads are behind the a/c rads. Your call either way. According to gm bent rad fins don't make much difference to the cooling system. I installed some because I got them free. They look decent and were easy to install. Cheap insurance for many, but raccoons likely don't install them either. lol

I think a nice option, not a must have. I put them on just because of all the hype on this forum, but I made my own from stuff I bought from Amazon for $50. And unless you look really closely, you can’t tell they’re homemade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.