Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
For those who have installed front (and maybe side) aluminum grill covers have you had any problems caused with them? I saw on a website that GM doesn't recommend them because of possible overheating issues however I see that they also now sell them on their site for $400 for just the fronts. GM also states that if the car overheats due to the grill install the warranty doesn't cover any problems, which if that's a concern why would they themselves sell them? I'm in Southwestern Ontario and although we get the occasional day in the mid to upper 30's we don't get constant 40-45 degree weather like some Southern U.S. areas so I don't know if the car overheating would even be an issue here. Are the aftermarket aluminum sets safe? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

For those who have installed front (and maybe side) aluminum grill covers have you had any problems caused with them? I saw on a website that GM doesn't recommend them because of possible overheating issues <snip>
That was long ago. GM now sells them so don't worry.

According to GM, the grill covers it sells are to be removed for track use, to ensure there's absolutely no overheating issues. I suspect they say this, to be 150% careful, since all the comments I see on the various Forums indicate there's no overheating issues, even with track use. That said, there's a chance you could face a warranty issue if you have the grill covers on and your C8 overheats during track use. I put them on my 2020 (both the sides and inner ones, so the set of 4 for aesthetics) and had no problems but never tracked it. I'd use them on a track as well, since it's a PIA to remove them. Up to you to decide.

According to GM, the grill covers it sells are to be removed for track use, to ensure there's absolutely no overheating issues. I suspect they say this, to be 150% careful, since all the comments I see on the various Forums indicate there's no overheating issues, even with track use. That said, there's a chance you could face a warranty issue if you have the grill covers on and your C8 overheats during track use. I put them on my 2020 (both the sides and inner ones, so the set of 4 for aesthetics) and had no problems but never tracked it. I'd use them on a track as well, since it's a PIA to remove them. Up to you to decide.
That's why external ones, like these, are made.
I made up a similar set on my own. Easy to take off and then replace.

I'll probably order the "BILLFARO 2Pcs Upgraded Front Radiator Guards" from amazon.ca for $100. I'm feeling the need to get something C8 related to pass the time along. Already have a car cover, USB stick and vanity plates ready to go.
USB or SD card? You need both. ;) USB for tunes and SD card for PDR (If 2lt or greater)

Make sure it’s atleast 100 mb/s. I had a slower one and it worked for a short while and then after some update it stopped.
Ya, even at that they can fail after a while. A lot of writes. A lot of Americans buy long life ones meant for extra duty. It's not important enough for me to buy one and it's cheap enough to replace after a while. I'm on my second as the first was acting up, not completing trips.
Edit: Plus it sits in the car all winter as we drive it all year on nice days.

I picked up a slightly newer version of that 256GB Sandisk card on Amazon, thanks for the tip.

As far as the grill guards, I decided to stick with the aluminum alloy mesh roll I picked up some time ago (mesh). After watching various installation videos, and I think I can make the generic mesh work just fine.

I picked up a slightly newer version of that 256GB Sandisk card on Amazon, thanks for the tip.

As far as the grill guards, I decided to stick with the aluminum alloy mesh roll I picked up some time ago (mesh). After watching various installation videos, and I think I can make the generic mesh work just fine.
There are templates on the web for homemade ones. I have a version if you want them.

I don't think too many people do the side intake grill, as any restriction on airflow = loss of power. Might only be 10 or 20 hp, who knows, but no way I would live with that. I spent $500 on my Jeep 5.7l Mopar intake to cure the sewing machine engine sound and add 7 (SEVEN!! NOT SIX, SEVEN!) hp at the wheels. That's just my 2 cents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.