Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
1997 C5
Hey Everyone,

Trying to troubleshoot a mod I'm working on but need your help because I don't remember how the stock operation works!

So I understand on the C5, when the headlights are down, flash to pass flashes the fog lights for those equipped with them.

But how does it work with the headlights on? does it turn off low beam, turn on high beam, turn off high beam, turn on low beam? or does it keep low beam on, flash high beam (so all 4 lights would be on at the same time)

I don't remember how it works stock, but I THINK it works like the second scenario I described? can anyone confirm for me?

Thanks!

Interesting that I had not actually thought about how this works in Corvettes. I have Radio Flyer headlights in my C5 and have never passed anyone. I flashed some folks one time but one of them turned out to be an off duty police officer, who knew. Gross indecency, who would have guessed? Like the Senior C7 owners group we only concentrate on fuel mileage, I once got over 1000 mpg when I shut the car off at the top of a hill, worked great until I realized I could not steer the car. But still the mileage was incredible, so was the damage.:banghead:

I think with the Radio Flyer lights they all stay, highs and lows, on but I am sure someone in front would see you wanted by. I just hate it when the Prius owners group flashes me to go by.:Arghh: Sad, old age I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.