hmm.. didn't know that

So.. here's a pic with the new shoes

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 27
so you guys might be guessing i've changed the vette's shoes as i have the other ones up for sale

i thought i'd share what the new ones look like, i think the chrome gives a much needed shine to go with the Torch Red paint

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 12
Ok.. to update ..

since I joined here, you can see the date for my first vette the C4, well last year I changed to a Red C5 vert (you can see in my pic there) ..

and just on the Monday that just passed I now have a C6 ...

Guess i couldn't make up my mind :rofl:

I was just thinking about that the other day...

the C4, well my first corvette a `95 targa and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! After having it for a year i found getting in and out to be a pain even though i'm only in my mid 30's. the targa roof can be a pain as well, of course when off it's great (once you get the keep the hatch open from the gadget man) but putting it on you need to be on a flat road, i got caught in the rain and went under a bridge, and had a heck of a time getting the roof on, then noticed the road was quite off and so i pulled the car forward till i saw more flat and the roof went in (those torx screws you'll need some patients with). The ride of a C4 is like a race car, not something my fiancee would get to appreciate lol.

So i went to a C5, and what a difference! This one was an '02 convertible and I picked that just because I didn't know if the targa needed those torx screws but I was done with that idea never the less because of that experience. the comfort between the two is a night and day, nice power increase as well. the interior and exterior is much more refined, along with the whole car really. I was really enjoying this car, and my fiancee even she took it for a rip a few times and put it to the testing..

i'll come back to finish my thoughts..

Cool! I have heard that the Corvette has lost some of it's raw feel with each passing generation. Not really a bad thing. It all depends on what you are looking for. As for the targa on the C5, I'm sure you know it's just three latches and I've never had a problem pulling mine off or putting in on....however, I tend to keep the roof on 99% of the time. The only problem I see with the latches is that sometimes people forget to do up the front two and then become part of the flying roof club! Thank goodness I have not been initiated into this club yet.

OH that would suck!!! watching your roof fly away!!

Yes each gen loses that raw feeling but i'm sure there are those out there that appreciate that feeling, while my Wife wasn't one of them ;) Which when looking to take the Vette out any given reason you want her to want to come along.

what i found as the down fall of the C4 was having to step over the frame and under the steering wheel, it became a bit of an Art form to get into. Once in though, you felt great! Like a cockpit and ready to race!

Changing to the C5 as I mentioned, the biggest difference was the getting in. Yes it still is low of course but not having to work on the art form of avoiding the frame and not worrying about giving myself a charlie horse from the steering wheel made SO much more of an enjoyable experience from the moment you get in. The cockpit design was just much more refined and looked so 'today'. the curves and lines were as expected from a corvette!! Then feeling the difference to the road, still feels like you can take any corner like you were on rails. The power, was a noticeable difference. The new look, to those that looked at the Vette were unable to tell that it wasn't brand new (helps if you have a very clean C5) the body lines and curves were just like nothing out there and is why Corvette is my only choice for my personal toy. Down fall was that the deck was not a nav and in order to install one would have to custom cut the dash and modify a bezel to make it look factory. which i did.

Now to go to my C6. The personal thing I missed is the pop up lights, corvette to me has always had the pop up lights. however I understand that it does maybe give a dated look. The new lights don't hold back at all the looks of the Vette. The new interior does give the new today look that I am appreciating each day! I however changed the centre bezel from the 2005 to the factory carbon fibre bezel from a 2008 which WOW instantly changes the dash (should have been this way from day one). And now adding my aftermarket nav deck gives the finished factory look I wanted. Again getting in still has the easy that the C5 offered thankfully this wasn't changed. The power difference, again it is great! The ride was very similar so not a night and day difference but non the less very enjoyable! I have noticed it is a little shorter which is giving more space in the garage (not much).

Overall.... I am pleased at being able to have stepped from model to model to enjoy the changes Corvette has offered each time and in the end prefer the C6! Although my childhood love is for the C3 early years.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.