Our Peterborough weather calls for mild temperatures with rain Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. That should wash all the salt away and I can get out for a drive on Wednesday......perhaps. :) If not, the oil is changed, the suspension greased and the car can stay put until spring. :(

Will probably change my oil in the next 2 weeks and grease the rear also :canada:

Since we did not put hardly any miles on it this year. Not even to try to visit Graham and his lovely C3. And our Vette shows still 70% oil life remaning it is almost completely put to bed without even an oil change. There aren't probably too many harmful chemicals lurking in the bottom end from spent oil. Or would I be misguided?
We are only 80kms from you Graham but they are hinting at one and two above overnight already.

Since we did not put hardly any miles on it this year. Not even to try to visit Graham and his lovely C3. And our Vette shows still 70% oil life remaning it is almost completely put to bed without even an oil change. There aren't probably too many harmful chemicals lurking in the bottom end from spent oil. Or would I be misguided?
We are only 80kms from you Graham but they are hinting at one and two above overnight already.

You should be fine Al -- I wouldn't worry either. Just clean it, put the charger on her and a few bounce sheets here and there, and put her to bed.
You guys have an early spring anyway, and not much of a winter.

C.

When you see every day cars out there that perhaps get the oil changed once a year whether they need it or not, I don't think we have much to worry about with our cars. They get babied beyond and that isn't all bad. If I look after ours, it will probably out last the both of us.

Wow, What a turnaround for the weather. Been mild and sunny lately and will continue tho wet on Monday.
Not a bad respite from the cold windy weather earlier in the month.
Makes me wish I'd kept the car(s) on the road......but oh well....spring will come soon enough.:D

C.

We got a pile of rain last night. If it doesn't snow tonight as it cools off, I might just get out for a little run tomorrow when the sun comes out again. You never know. The fresh oil in the crankcase needs to be circulated before the car is put away for the winter you know. ;) We could be out again in less than five months. Think positively.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.