ojamali

Mar 29, 2014
Canada
VetteCoins
Car
CORVETTE C7
Hello Forum friends.

I saw this news release on another website recently but I didnt see it being posted here on this forum so i thought Ill share. My apologies if it belongs to a different thread or if its already been reported.

GM is recalling 33 units of 2014 Stingrays in the US. There is no word on if it affects any Canadian units as well.

"GM is also recalling 33, 2014 Chevrolet Corvettes in the U.S. because an internal short-circuit in the sensing and diagnostic module could disable frontal air bags, safety belt pretensioners and the Automatic Occupancy Sensing module. GM dealers will replace the module on the affected vehicles. GM is unaware of any crashes or injuries related to either of the small recalls."

GM recalling 105,000 vehicles in four campaigns | The Detroit News

Here is the problem and remedy:

"The problem: An internal short-circuit in the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) could disable frontal air bags, safety belt pretensioners and the Automatic Occupancy Sensing module

Number of vehicles affected: 33 units of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvettes in the U.S.

The fix: GM dealers will replace the SDM on the affected vehicles. GM is unaware of any crashes or injuries related to the condition.
Contacts: Owners may contact one of the following numbers for more information:

Chevrolet: 1-800-222-1020"

I did some more searching online and from what I have found so far this recall only affects vehicles that have the "Competition Seats" option. This has not been verified by my GM contacts yet so if you have the "Competition Seats" and if your C7 is a US based unit then call them to check if you are impacted and have it fixed at the earliest.

Best of Luck!

So looks like there are only 3 C7's which have been recalled due to this issue. And yes its restricted only to C7's with the competition seats.

"Certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles equipped with an optional Competition Sport Seat (RPO AE4) and being recalled for a side impact airbag issue. The total number of Canadian vehicles currently in dealer inventory is 3"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread