Featured Thread
Aug 18, 2014
Timmins Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
If anyone here remembers Manny Da Silva , you will know Dave Rempel ( Mannys tuner ) well thankfully , Dave has set up shop in Cambridge Ontario . This is his masterpiece , Race Ready Garage , also on FB . If you want anything done on your car , Daves the man :)
So , after waiting what seemed like an eternity ( 4 weeks lol ) I finally picked up my car from the Speed Shop . I even forgot how awesome these cars look when I saw it there waiting for me . After a brief talk on how it performed on the dyno and slightly different street manners now ( due to cam ,low side fuel and other pieces installed ) it was time to bring her home . This drive is about 800 kms . So , first thing , Cam is not too lumpy but you can hear somethings there . First gear take off has a small surge , second and third follow the same . At the next lights I decide to give it a little more gas to see if the surge subsides , yup , sure does just need to be careful of the speed lol . On the main highway at cruising speed around 120 kms per hr in 7th gear ( standard lol ) car is quiet and non eventful soooooo , kept the speed the same and shifter into 3rd , Holy Hell , hang on lol . Best be going straight and hand on to the steering wheel . The added torque above 3500 rpm with this set up comes on like crazy , its approx. 200 ft lbs more at 4000 rpm than the old set up . Didn't beat on it too bad today as I just wanted to get home . Overall , covered the 800 kms and averaged 11.6 l per 100 kms , not bad for a car that's making 862 wrhp and 834 ft lbs of torque
smile5.gif

user_online.gif

Attachments

• New dyno chart 2018.jpg
    New dyno chart 2018.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 38
That is wild HP Kazman. The standard LT1 455 hp gives me the jitters once in a while when pushed, I can't imagine having access to another 400+ ponies. Nice fuel consumption - a lot better than my Silverado pickup with 5.3 litres.

That is wild HP Kazman. The standard LT1 455 hp gives me the jitters once in a while when pushed, I can't imagine having access to another 400+ ponies. Nice fuel consumption - a lot better than my Silverado pickup with 5.3 litres.
Yeah it sure is a different beast when you decide to let rip . Cant wait until the new C8's debut and see what kind of magic Dave will be able to do on those cars :)

Impressive numbers. Maybe you will bring it down for one of the Muskoka cruises next year.

Have a great and hopefully short winter.
I would love to do that . Really want to move South in a couple years time ( retirement and warmer climate than here in Timmins ) ,so , a few trips next year for sure . Let me know the dates and where people meet up and ill see if we can squeeze one or two in .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.