Elf

Power User
Feb 28, 2011
North of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2008m vert
The car has been neglected all year and hadn't been washed in months :eek:Yes rain and sitting outside for days took it's toll so yesterday she got a bath .this morning early I started to use Ice paste on the hood and It felt like sandpaper afterwards .

I read a few articles on line about clayBar on the forums and decided to dig out a kit I had bought a couple years ago and see what was in the box .I watched 3 videos on YouTube and decided to give it a try -next weekend :D I need time to get into the correct frame of mind .

Couldn't stand it so I've done up to the rear quarters .Used plenty of lubricant and the hood which was the worse came out great .I washed the areas done and gave it one coat of Ice paste .I 'll give a second coat tonight .If I have a chance I'll claybar the other half this week .Easier than I thought and I'd like to see how it turns out under natural light .

Do you have any before pictures ELF? Would love to see the difference between the two.

If your paint hasn't been done for some time, you can actually feel the stuff on the surface. I just did the clay bar treatment on the hood and deck lid on our Olds LSS. Smooth as a baby's bum. It shines as nicely as the Corvette. 17 years old and ten years old and both look like new other than the odd stone chip.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.