Nice spec car. Machine face rims flow with the colour of the car. Ya no aero means no Z07.
I was dead set on the Z07 pack and Torch Red UNTIL I looked at this car. I am now leaning towards the Silver Flare BASE car, those wheels have a very nice definition with the machined face. I may still opt for the CF wheels if available, the owner said that he had talked to Kai Spandi directly about the Z07 aero and was told it's not looking good for the foreseeable future. It was also mentioned that Dueck's received another allocation for a Z06 which the owner is keeping for himself, that kind of concerns me as to whether or not people on the list are actually going to move down the list or stay where they are. As an example if the owner has 5 friends that want a car they could vey well use up all the allocations and the list would stay in limbo. I would hope that they would go by the time stamp the deposit was placed, however it's not looking to be the case I hope I'm wrong in that assumption.

I was dead set on the Z07 pack and Torch Red UNTIL I looked at this car. I am now leaning towards the Silver Flare BASE car, those wheels have a very nice definition with the machined face. I may still opt for the CF wheels if available, the owner said that he had talked to Kai Spandi directly about the Z07 aero and was told it's not looking good for the foreseeable future. It was also mentioned that Dueck's received another allocation for a Z06 which the owner is keeping for himself, that kind of concerns me as to whether or not people on the list are actually going to move down the list or stay where they are. As an example if the owner has 5 friends that want a car they could vey well use up all the allocations and the list would stay in limbo. I would hope that they would go by the time stamp the deposit was placed, however it's not looking to be the case I hope I'm wrong in that assumption.
I would take what you are offered....the Z06 will be truly a unicorn. Z07 is great though, don't get me wrong. Thing is....where can you drive it for 8% stiffer shock? The upgraded tires I don't feel are worth it. I run them on my 2019 ZR1 and they don't heat up enough for Canadian roads. In my opinion the CF wheels are another issue....as they are 40 lbs lighter which is amazing. .....My stink with the CF rims is the replacement is $5800 each if you ding one. If you swap rims out for track or something GM needs your car back for calibration as the sensors are turned for CF rims. You can order a base Z06 and add the aero package on. You can also order the ceramic brake package with a base Z06. You can load up a base Z06 very nicely without being a Z07.

I would take what you are offered....the Z06 will be truly a unicorn. Z07 is great though, don't get me wrong. Thing is....where can you drive it for 8% stiffer shock? The upgraded tires I don't feel are worth it. I run them on my 2019 ZR1 and they don't heat up enough for Canadian roads. In my opinion the CF wheels are another issue....as they are 40 lbs lighter which is amazing. .....My stink with the CF rims is the replacement is $5800 each if you ding one. If you swap rims out for track or something GM needs your car back for calibration as the sensors are turned for CF rims. You can order a base Z06 and add the aero package on. You can also order the ceramic brake package with a base Z06. You can load up a base Z06 very nicely without being a Z07.
I can't judge the Z07 wing as I haven't seen it in person, however now seeing the Z06 in person I feel that the low spoiler is a better fit for the body lines of the car. The Z07 wing reminds me of the Karate Kid when he did that swan kick lol. You are right the Cup 2R tires will never get to temp on the streets and they will wear out fast. I have a 2021 GT500 CFTP which has the CF wheels and every time I drive the car I am worried about damaging a wheel on the slightest bump, they look nice with the exposed weave but very stressful to drive on. I think that it will be a tough time to even get the CF Ground Effects from the factory, an aftermarket solution will be needed. IMO the CC brakes are a must have as the base rotors look too small inside the wheel and brake dust will be a nightmare to constantly clean. Unless you are a pro driver on a track you don't need the dive planes, underbody aero strakes, Cup 2R tires, big wing or the FE7 suspension, it would be cool to have but not a deal breaker.

I can't judge the Z07 wing as I haven't seen it in person, however now seeing the Z06 in person I feel that the low spoiler is a better fit for the body lines of the car. The Z07 wing reminds me of the Karate Kid when he did that swan kick lol. You are right the Cup 2R tires will never get to temp on the streets and they will wear out fast. I have a 2021 GT500 CFTP which has the CF wheels and every time I drive the car I am worried about damaging a wheel on the slightest bump, they look nice with the exposed weave but very stressful to drive on. I think that it will be a tough time to even get the CF Ground Effects from the factory, an aftermarket solution will be needed. IMO the CC brakes are a must have as the base rotors look too small inside the wheel and brake dust will be a nightmare to constantly clean. Unless you are a pro driver on a track you don't need the dive planes, underbody aero strakes, Cup 2R tires, big wing or the FE7 suspension, it would be cool to have but not a deal breaker.
I hear ya. Agree. I have problems believing the shortages for the CF aero parts? So much click bait. My buddy works at dealership. Lansing Michigan has high wings. Dive planes are in stock in 2 Canadian warehouses plus the USA inventory. We couldn't find side rocker part numbers. I did find an interesting a blog of a Z06 front bumper damaged during delivery in Ohio. Dealership couldn't purchase front bumper as no inventory. Almost 2 month wait for bumper from suppler. So who really knows the truth? Could be body parts Gm is waiting on?. Not sure if you know the small spoiler you speak about for the Z06, comes with another 2nd set of even higher wing tips included with the car.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20230306_165635.jpg
    IMG_20230306_165635.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 7
It's 100% a Z06 with the Z07 performance package. Technically it's the second one as the original allotment was Aug 2022 but failed QC so the second one was built Jan 2023. Here is a link to the Facebook posting from the dealer or I also attached a screenshot for those without Facebook. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...l&id=100063605757330&sfnsn=mo&mibextid=RUbZ1f
You are clearly referencing a different car than what is being discussed in this thread (First C8 Z06 in BC).

You are clearly referencing a different car than what is being discussed in this thread (First C8 Z06 in BC).
Yes, sorry I had no intention of hijacking the thread. I was nearly responding to the comment that there were no known z07's that had made it into the Canadian market. I think the lesson learned is that there are still some surprises left in the world, including the smallest possible dealership receiving a Z07 allocation.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.