I thought the same at one point. The mag ride on the Z06 and Z07 are the exact same shock. It's programming and slight adjustments that only give you 8% stiffer shocks with Z07. I can buy the Sport Cup 2R tires but don't like them as our roads don't heat up enough. Ceramic brakes you can order without Z07 which I did. Aero you can order with non Z07 anyway. I was scared away from CF rims. GM rep told me I can't simply switch rims back and forth from CF to other metal rims as the cars ABS and other suspension components are set for the 40lb lighter rims. At the end of the day we don't really have a track in my area for the Z07 and I just wanted the car.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm also looking at resale down the road, sure you can buy Z07 aero aftermarket. However it will still be a base car with aftermarket aero. My issue with the Z06 is that now with the E Ray coming with the same body and optional CF wheels they will look alike. The Z07 pack car will stand alone just my 2 cents, there is something to be said about just getting what you can and forget about all this waiting.

Sadly both cars will look alike unless a person knows the only difference will be the center mount exhaust on the Z06 vs the E-Ray. If you want the Z07 package you must pick either a CF or Carbon Flash aero package to get the Z07. You can order a aero package for your Z06 without picking the Z07 FE7 package. All that needs to be added are the upgraded brakes to have the aero. Most people are assuming the aero is automatically the Z07 which is not correct. At the time of allocations different dealerships were offered different restrictions. Some dealers were offered HTC while others were not. Some were offered CF aero while other dealers were offered Carbon Flash aero. None of the dealers in the first or second rounds were offered the Z07. There are a number of Canadian cars non Z07 with factory aero kits installed. With parts shortages it's a hit and miss if you can add the aero to your build. Yes don't buy aftermarket......

I believe my brother works with your wife! I was the recipient of photos of your car before you took possession (ha ha). Small world, he being in British Columbia and me living in Ontario!

I also was the one that suggested that your wife say honey, “Did you know our car has a 5.5 litre flat plane crank engine and that makes it very unique?”

Your wife told my brother that you got rid of the old Vette to purchase this new Z06 and that this new one has “170 hp”……… I laughed when that was relayed to me and wondered if that was what you told her versus it having 670 hp for a reason, especially considering your car would be in the top 25 fastest production cars in the world? (Ha ha)

peter………

really? the biggest reason that made me jump on board with the C8 was the engine not being in the front
I think that's what I said, lol
I'm not a Corvette expert but the C7 flavours of Z06 were likely easier to get because the demand for the C7 wasn't as high as it is for the C8 and it's mid engine design. An all new demographic is interested in the Corvette now,

I think that's what I said, lol
I'm not a Corvette expert but the C7 flavours of Z06 were likely easier to get because the demand for the C7 wasn't as high as it is for the C8 and it's mid engine design. An all new demographic is interested in the Corvette now,
C8 not only increased interest in corvettes but also stole buyers from BMW M, MB AMG, Porsche cayman/Baxter/911 and Audi RS / R8.

There are many corvette owner who had c5 and c6 who didn’t want a c7 but upgraded to a C8.
I hope GM doesn’t ruin C9 and my bank account hopes that they do so I can just keep a C8 forever

I believe my brother works with your wife! I was the recipient of photos of your car before you took possession (ha ha). Small world, he being in British Columbia and me living in Ontario!

I also was the one that suggested that your wife say honey, “Did you know our car has a 5.5 litre flat plane crank engine and that makes it very unique?”

Your wife told my brother that you got rid of the old Vette to purchase this new Z06 and that this new one has “170 hp”……… I laughed when that was relayed to me and wondered if that was what you told her versus it having 670 hp for a reason, especially considering your car would be in the top 25 fastest production cars in the world? (Ha ha)

peter………
This is not my car my salesman sent me the pic.

• Agree
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Just found out that z07 landed in Kenora. One of the smallest dealers in Canada. The car is actually someone from Winnipeg that I know and he paid retail for a 2lz Z07 package.

Attachments

• 20632e49-172d-4c6c-bcb4-90d0c332f84d(1).mov
    1.9 MB
  • Wow
Reactions: CamsC8
It has the Aero...I'm assuming. I'd ask the OP to get us a photo of the window sticker...
Yes it does have the aero which as you know can be ordered without the Z07. Amazing how a small dealer get allocation! My area of Alberta one dealer was offered a coupe only in Z06 while another dealer couldn't order a coupe and was offered a convertible. The allocation was a mess.....lol

Reactions: CamsC8
So just to set the record straight my son and I went to see this car today, and let me tell you it looks unreal in person. I met Keith the owner of the car who is an RCMP Officer (really nice guy), he told me that in Sept 2022 the owner of Dueck's gave him a call and wanted him to have the first Z06 allocation. So as I stated earlier this car with it's low VIN was from the first batch of allocations, the car was also sold at MSRP of $163,483.00 CDN and not with a huge ADM as suggested in another thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.