I watched this video this am too. Not a real fair comp. hard to compare a straight line race with a 250hp deficit. I would expect the Mustang to win. I think a track with curves may be a different story. The mid engine may then close the gap. Again let’s see what the Z06 and ZR1 engine numbers are. Then rematch!

Reactions: ddgermann and Morby
Pretty decent pull for a base car against the ford big dog. Good positive evaluation too. Like to see guys who are all about the thrill of the race rather than the trash-talking clowns. For sure he was thinking what the Z06 will do against his car, which is fast as hell. Hopefully, he gets to try that comparison and we get to see it.

Reactions: Sparro and 12cents
Well here's the first Drag Race between a 2020 C8 Z51 vs 2020 Mustang GT500. Granted the C8 guy doesn't seem to know the car yet... but the numbers speak for themselves.

Agreed. Once he learns the car, that it has a 'burnout mode' to warm the tires, and works on his reaction time, low 11's can be expected I would say.

Reactions: Sparro
So, there is a MotorTrend magazine article with gt500 against stingray. with track times and all that stuff. The gt500 is the faster car even on the course, but they are totally different animals and each has its own greatness. I acutally have the physical copy and if someones interested they could search i suppose.

Reactions: ABC
So, there is a MotorTrend magazine article with gt500 against stingray. with track times and all that stuff. The gt500 is the faster car even on the course, but they are totally different animals and each has its own greatness. I acutally have the physical copy and if someones interested they could search i suppose.
Agreed, I have that article. My brother-in-law has the Mustang Bullit (2019) and it is a great car! We will have fun together and all of these cars are great in their own way. We should celebrate them all. No bashing here. The engineering in all of the sports cars today is fantastic. I wanted the C8 before all cars go electric.

Reactions: jaycee
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.