I would say it's old school. Remember we have much different engine oils now. In the past we used to use 5W30 now it 0W40 much different and not nearly as thick when cold as 5W. I just let any of my cars sit there for abut a minute or so to get things circulating. I mean about the time I put my seat belt on check the gauges and check that there isn't anything behind me when I back out of the garage. As for driving away from our house down the street in stealth mode it is interesting. You can travel a good distance before the ICE engine actually starts and it contributes to the power of the car. I have gone about 4 kms in stealth mode to try it out and then stepped a little more on the gas pedal and the ICE engine makes the normal start up noises. Remember that a C8 is loud when it first starts as the exhaust is wide open it is the same when it starts and transitions from stealth to Tour. I have seen people jump when I drive by them under stealth and then the ICE engines starts right beside them. Just to let you know that the Eray has a different transmission. It has the MLH version as it has something to do with the combination of Electric and Ice. I may be wrong but I think it sits in neutral while driving in stealth and then on engine start up the DCT catches up with the road speed engages the correct gear and then releases the Dual clutches.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
Finally hit 805km and the best was unleashed! Pulls awesome!!
Further I have noticed the stop start, and V4 mode does not operate much or at all when it is cold. I also have a heated garage and stealth mode does not work when it is cold ie. 15C in the garage.

Don't really like the stop start. I almost always push the button as soon as I fire up the ICE motor. Mine runs a lot in V4 mode and lot more that what I originally thought. The stealth mode just started working again after it started warming up. One other thing I have found very annoying is that fact there is no real place for putting things like a hat, folder/binder in the cockpit. I guess I will have to wait for something from the after market boys. But the ERAY is so much fun driving it as I have said before it gives you a lot of confidence in its ability. I am looking forward to the Ron Fellows school to find out more about this car. When ever that is.