Your welcome Ned and I hope you have put your health concerns behind you now and can enjoy your car now for a long, long time. I've have your window sticker on the top of my screen to remind me to keep checking on your car which was on hold a little longer than Hal's which I went to see the day it arrived. It's great to hear you have connections with Corvette Racing and when I met with you we can compare notes on that. Just so you know, my sources say the problem with the headlight stems to the change in 2024 with the introduction of the TQ5 IntelliBeam auto high beam system. If they kept 2024 the same as 2023 and prior, I don't think we would have experienced the problem that an over the air update couldn't have resolved. Believe it or not the information system for customers in the US is about the same as ours through the dealers. There is more information available through the NCM than we have access to, so I use my sources there and elsewhere to try and get the members here the same if not more information than what is available to them as well. You built a great car so go enjoy it this week as the weather is finally turning in the right direction for us here. Enjoy!
Scott
Thank you, looking forward to meeting you. I only see 1 IRC Repair form that was sitting in the footwell of the passenger area. It was for the HTC. It was the one for checking all the bolts, surrounding fittings and proper gap, fit of surrounding panels and cycling the opening and closing of the top several times. it was all done on March 2nd and checking off from quality control. I found that you can increase the asking price of your car when you document the hell out of it which includes maintenance records, purchase records of anything you buy and install etc etc. I started this back when I purchased my 71 Coupe. So I keep all the documents I can find. Have a great week at work.

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Highest single day of E-Ray production yesterday with 10 being built as they gear up for next week as they were aiming at 20 a day but I see now they have backed it off to 5 a day. The 2024 E-Rays are shaping up to be a very rare car!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Highest single day of E-Ray production yesterday with 10 being built as they gear up for next week as they were aiming at 20 a day but I see now they have backed it off to 5 a day. The 2024 E-Rays are shaping up to be a very rare car!
glad i saved myself years of headaches by taking my deposit back ;)

Reactions: Murray20c8
Yes, but you may have missed out on one of the best touring car around. I just spent half a day with mine and it is an unbelievable car. I will put something together after a have a few days of running with it. Now it;s off the the Ceramic, window tint and PPF guys. I put the large wickers on today as they come with the car. It makes a striking difference.

Yes, but you may have missed out on one of the best touring car around. I just spent half a day with mine and it is an unbelievable car. I will put something together after a have a few days of running with it. Now it;s off the the Ceramic, window tint and PPF guys. I put the large wickers on today as they come with the car. It makes a striking difference.
Just curious on what you feel makes it the "one of the best touring car around". Feel free to list. Thx.

Well it is only an impression for a very short period of time (1 afternoon) and as anyone knows when you get something like this there is at newness awe factor. Let you guys know later.

Let's hear a non bias non Youtube review, the cabin artificial electric whine would be a deal breaker for me but maybe not so much for others
Well, because yesterday was such a great day I had the top down. So I didn't hear this whine. But with the top down there is very little wind noise or buffeting. I also did the brake burnishing procedure late yesterday and will finish it today. In the beginning I found the brakes not up to what I thought. Now they are much better but when you go thru the burnishing process they sure smell bad. I won't do the YOUTUBE review type and in fact I was texting with one of the senior people at Corvette and he has asked me for my comments on the car. So far the only dislike is the stupid Chevrolet app that pings my phone every time something happens with the car. It may just be a setting in the app but I don't like it. Fit and finish is awesome very unlike GM. So guys give me a few days to play with the car and then I will give you a indepth review.

Oh by the way my insurance company (Intact) cannot find this model in their data base. Strange it's in the Ontario Government Registration data base but not theirs. They asked me late last night to provide them with a picture of the VIN in the car. WN has already provided them with the details. Oh, well I will play this silly game with them. THE CAR IS INSURED.

Let's hear a non bias non Youtube review, the cabin artificial electric whine would be a deal breaker for me but maybe not so much for others

I know I am certainly interested in a review, both outlining the good and the not-so-good.

As far as the artificially induced electric motor sound, I prefer to think of it more along the lines of a breast implant for the E-Ray.
It's meant to be enjoyed, rather than questioned.

On the Z06, I have heard that the noise is fabulous, but can become a tad bit much on a long haul.
While it's not 'artificial', it certainly is manipulated (accentuated), through great efforts by the GM Engineering team.

2023-Corvette-Z06-Exhaust-System-Infographic-001.jpg

Reactions: KTJF
you say that because this is your 1st C8. If you would have driven a base C8 stingray with or without mag ride you would realize that they are all great touring cars. as for power, you are still in your break-in period so you haven't felt even half of what the car has to offer. Your car will blow your mind once its hits 805km

I have driven C8's before but I have not owned one. My C6 Grandsport was fully loaded and it had Mag Ride. If the Mag Ride did not come standard with the ERAY I would have ordered it.

Congrats Ned. I have not driven mine yet. In for PPF today. Cant wait - but it will be next week as the PPF installer wants the weekend to let it cure.

Ned and Hal, the first E-Ray was delivered to Ron Fellows on Wednesday this week as reported to me by our member Matt Orleans who was there this week.
If either of you is interested in going, I can get you an email of the person to reach out to for booking once the E-Ray school begins.
Scott

Reactions: GM MUSL
Ned and Hal, the first E-Ray was delivered to Ron Fellows on Wednesday this week as reported to me by our member Matt Orleans who was there this week.
If either of you is interested in going, I can get you an email of the person to reach out to for booking once the E-Ray school begins.
Scott
I had a chat with Ashley on Wednesday and she has placed me on the list when they ERAY classes get scheduled. But anything you can do to help will be very grateful. Thanks Scott.

Congrats Ned. I have not driven mine yet. In for PPF today. Cant wait - but it will be next week as the PPF installer wants the weekend to let it cure.
Hal, did you see this video of your car?

• Love
Reactions: NED and OL Yeller