Feb 13, 2023
ON
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 2LT
Province
ON
My journey wasn’t long but i finally brought her home today! Brand new 2lt htc. I am counting my blessing!

Attachments

• C7D99555-D9E3-4559-9F5B-984AF9C8B3AF.jpeg
    C7D99555-D9E3-4559-9F5B-984AF9C8B3AF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 388
My journey wasn’t long but i finally brought her home today! Brand new 2lt htc. I am counting my blessing!
Hello. Congrats on the new C8. I can only imagine what you're feeling. I just posted a thread here on CCF re the rear spoiler you have. Would you happen to know FOR SURE if it was factory installed or installed during PDI prior to delivery?

Got a call last week from a sales guy I had placed a deposit with few weeks back and he had someone cancel on their c8 purchase due to financing and he gave the c8 corvette 2023 coupe red 2lt z51, at msrp + 2k (ceramic pro), basically price has gone up 2k anyways since customer had ordered it. I helped my friend who was looking to get a c8 get one without waiting also. But current wait times with the dealership is 1.5-2 years.

3E4D1476-F6A9-4693-89FD-94F93E45AE3F.jpeg

Got a call last week from a sales guy I had placed a deposit with few weeks back and he had someone cancel on their c8 purchase due to financing and he gave the c8 corvette 2023 coupe red 2lt z51, at msrp + 2k (ceramic pro), basically price has gone up 2k anyways since customer had ordered it. I helped my friend who was looking to get a c8 get one without waiting also. But current wait times with the dealership is 1.5-2 years.

View attachment 107420
That looks like Brian Cullen’s back lot

Reactions: mightymohito
Not sure, got a call didn’t ask too many questions. My friend had also provided a deposit a few weeks back to the dealership. Someone couldn’t get financing is all we were told, car was brand new with 3km on it, and was pre-spec’d. Worked out for both me and my friend within the span of a few weeks.

Reactions: wlgj
I can't blame you for grabbing it, as it looks like a real winner.
It seems very odd, however, in the speed at which it all happened.
I'm sure someone on the list (from much earlier than you) would have jumped all over it.
Personally, I'm years away from getting what I want, but if these lists get infilled without any form of logic, a lot of Us will never see one.
Perhaps I need to take a nice case of wine into my dealership, or simply camp out in their yard?

Reactions: wlgj
I can't blame you for grabbing it, as it looks like a real winner.
It seems very odd, however, in the speed at which it all happened.
I'm sure someone on the list (from much earlier than you) would have jumped all over it.
Personally, I'm years away from getting what I want, but if these lists get infilled without any form of logic, a lot of Us will never see one.
Perhaps I need to take a nice case of wine into my dealership, or simply camp out in their yard?
If a customer walks away from an order the car belongs to the dealer. Period!
Remember that the dealer is not acting as your agent. They are buying the car from GM and promise to sell it to the customer. So it belongs to the dealer until they sell it to their customer.

Edit: I might add that the dealer likely kept the deposit, though it depends on the dealer. I was told emphatically that once my order was at 2000 my deposit was non refundable.

I spoke to a few reps at dealers today. One told me that they have a number of cancelled deliveries for various reasons and are free to pass those along to customers that they like - regardless of their position on the list.

Reactions: Neils and wlgj
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.