7 Days remaining until Surgery [26th]! All parts purchased and ready to be installed: New rims and rubber, coil-overs, sways, upgraded C6Z brake kit [upgraded rotors and hawk pads] and A&A Vortech Kit [8 rib , Meth Kit and flip drive]... :D I'm almost feeling bionic!

Last edited:
Brought the car in today! Can't wait! Will have dyno results by mid-week. :D

7 Days remaining until Surgery [26th]! All parts purchased and ready to be installed: New rims and rubber, coil-overs, sways, upgraded C6Z brake kit [upgraded rotors and hawk pads] and A&A Vortech Kit [8 rib , Meth Kit and flip drive]... :D I'm almost feeling bionic!

Well, good news, bad news [two parts]...

The Vette was Dyno'd, and did an insane 714.62 rwhp // 556 rwtq in 4th gear. :D

Now for the bad news. :( Part one. Three subsequent Dyno's followed from 668 to a low of 629. After reviewing the Dyno graphs it was clear that my air/ fuel mixture was completely messed up - smooth in some areas, jagged in others. So, the Kenny Bell B.A.P needs to changed or checked to see if its working properly.

Part two. They were going to do a few more pulls, so that they could verify some information, when on the fifth pull they heard a "clicking sound" from the charger.

So, the charger has been sent to Vortech to get new guts and I will be ordering a new Kenny Bell B.A.P.

But, I need to say that these problem are due to the fact that, I bought a used kit, that I found out later [after I purchased it] was having problems :mad: . Had I bought a new kit a least the parts would have been perfect.

And to top it off, the new "custom" rims that I bought were not the correct offset. :mad:

So, I'm grounded for a few weeks until both situations are corrected. I should get the charger back in two to three weeks and the rims I'm not sure about because after talking to the manufacturer it sounds like they may have to build a complete new set. :(

On the bright side it looks like the car is going to put out some serious jam. I will be putting a larger pulley on because I don't need to drive around with 700+ HP. I want it in the 605 to 620HP area. These numbers are good enough for 10's all day long.

So, I'll keep you all posted!

Will be interesting to see what numbers you get out of your setup.
A good tune is the key factor.

Last edited:
Amazing numbers hope you get everything sorted out, good idea with the larger pully, drop
that boost and HP then you should be able to pound it all day long and still be a DD.
Kinda scary though with the boost a pump hate to run lean :eek: rich over lean anyday!

That is a lot of hp! Very cool!

Sorry to hear that the kit is giving you issues. I can't believe someone would sell a kit that is having problems and not tell the buyer. Terrible.

I hope you get your wheels and new parts soon so you can be up and running!

Nice and bad

Nice numbers , crappy about the wheels and charger .

I know that there are some saving's to be had with some used parts , I personall will not install some used parts , blowers being a big one ,engine parts, drive train ect .
It something goes wrong it comes back to me , and I don't want there ever to be any hard feeling as to who is at fault.

Just my personal opinnion on some used parts .

Hope that you get togther and back soon , believe me I know what its like to wait .

Hope to see mine on the road this week ....finally :D

Finally, my rims will be shipped this Friday and the ride is going to be put back together this and next week. I've put in a double pumper in-tank fuel system so the fuel should be no longer an issue!

I'm going to do a "glory" pull on the Dyno with the current small pulley [ Last time it did 714 rwhp with unstable Air/fuel mixture]. Guessing it should dyno about 740 max with the smaller pulley and an efficient fuel system. Then I'll put the larger pulley on and have it tuned so that it runs on 91 octane. Hopefully, with the bigger pulley and 91 octane, it will be reduce to slightly over 610 hp. Solid rwhp numbers for the street and track.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post some dyno numbers by Tuesday of next week! :D

Finally, my rims will be shipped this Friday and the ride is going to be put back together this and next week. I've put in a double pumper in-tank fuel system so the fuel should be no longer an issue!

I'm going to do a "glory" pull on the Dyno with the current small pulley [ Last time it did 714 rwhp with unstable Air/fuel mixture]. Guessing it should dyno about 740 max with the smaller pulley and an efficient fuel system. Then I'll put the larger pulley on and have it tuned so that it runs on 91 octane. Hopefully, with the bigger pulley and 91 octane, it will be reduce to slightly over 610 hp. Solid rwhp numbers for the street and track.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post some dyno numbers by Tuesday of next week! :D

That's some serious numbers!

The numbers are finally in!

658.27 rwhp (Approx. @ 25% reduction for the A6 tranny - 823hp at the crank) / 574.41 rwtq, 13 lbs of boost, A/F 11.0, Timing @ 15 degrees @ 94 octane... :D

Champion tuned the car conservatively! They could have went significantly higher with the timing. If they went for a crazy tune it would have mostly likely been at the 714 for the street.

With these numbers at the track, the car should be, on a street tire a 10.6 to 10.7 performer at 132 to 140 mph. I certainly have no issue with those potential numbers. And, with this tune I can run minimum 91 no problem. :coolgleam:

I'll Post the dyno chart when I get it from Champion. So, I think at the end of the day this car is going to be a whole lot of fun! :D

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.