OK this car is so awesome. I got caught in the rain yesterday though and now it's dirty. Trying to figure out the best way to wash it to avoid the cursed swirl marks on black.
Thank God for traction control!!
And I tried posting pics through Google drive and nothing came up???

We'll get them on here. The thing is you have to either attach them by uploading the pics to the site or link to the pictures on an external site such as photobucket.

Glad you are enjoying your car! It sounds awesome!!!

gunslingre-albums-test-picture942-a.jpg

Okay got update from my dealer this AM, my Z51 came off the line yesterday.

gunslingre , how many KM on your car so far ? I hope to get it as quick as you did.

What kills me is I'll only have the car for about 8 days then I'm leaving the country for 7 weeks. But the wife will be gentle on it and break in for me.

Last edited:
Thanks! Keeping it clean really is a pain. But the black is awesome!!
I have 1300km on it. I love doing on ramps with it. And trying to watch the G meter...
That sucks!!! And you're leaving it with your wife???!!!!
It sure was quick once it got to Windsor. It sat in Bowling Green for almost a week. I guess that isn't bad. Except I was tapping my foot the whole time.

Well my car is on the way from Bowling Green, left yesterday. I dropped into the dealership to drop off my plates, and pick up my splash guards. While there Owais tried to activate my OnStar, but until the invoice wasn't produced so he couldn't.

So Owais called today and said he had the invoice so he activated the OnStar. I'd heard on an other forum that once activated you could track your car.

So I got my account created, installed the Android app on my phone, low and behold I connected to the car. 5km on it, 8L in the tank. Next step was to contact OnStar to activate the family link so I could get the cars location. Turns out FamilyLink is only available in the US, crap!

Once again we up here in teh great white north get short changed! The agent said she was sorry and totally understood why I would want to know where my beautiful C7 was, and she heard that this fall it was possibly going to be offered in Canada, pricing unknown.

Big woop I'll have the car by then!

Soon... ( I keep telling myself )

Hi smackYYZ!

Thanks for appreciating my efforts to help you out.

I believe there may be another way for you to track your vehicle now that OnStar has been activated.

Part of your 6 months trial are features called "Stolen Vehicle Assist", "Crisis Assist" and "Turn-by-turn Navigation".

These three features would allow an OnStar rep to locate your vehicle via GPS and they may share that info with you over the phone if requested. OnStar can be reached at 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).

The difference between FamilyLink is that it allows a subscriber (and other authorized users) to login from any PC/Mac to locate their vehicle at any time. It is basically a self serve option currently only available for US subscribers.

Please give this a try and also let me know if it worked.

Best of Luck!

Owais Jamali
416-826-7006

Hi smackYYZ!

Thanks for appreciating my efforts to help you out.

I believe there may be another way for you to track your vehicle now that OnStar has been activated.

Part of your 6 months trial are features called "Stolen Vehicle Assist", "Crisis Assist" and "Turn-by-turn Navigation".

These three features would allow an OnStar rep to locate your vehicle via GPS and they may share that info with you over the phone if requested. OnStar can be reached at 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).

The difference between FamilyLink is that it allows a subscriber (and other authorized users) to login from any PC/Mac to locate their vehicle at any time. It is basically a self serve option currently only available for US subscribers.

Please give this a try and also let me know if it worked.

Best of Luck!

Owais Jamali
416-826-7006

I called OnStar and they said they could only track it with the authorization from law enforcement. The only way to track with out involving the law is by the Family Link plan which of course is not available in Canada.

No luck there! But thanks for the suggestion.

bummer

Well my car is on the way from Bowling Green, left yesterday. I dropped into the dealership to drop off my plates, and pick up my splash guards. While there Owais tried to activate my OnStar, but until the invoice wasn't produced so he couldn't.

So Owais called today and said he had the invoice so he activated the OnStar. I'd heard on an other forum that once activated you could track your car.

So I got my account created, installed the Android app on my phone, low and behold I connected to the car. 5km on it, 8L in the tank. Next step was to contact OnStar to activate the family link so I could get the cars location. Turns out FamilyLink is only available in the US, crap!

Once again we up here in teh great white north get short changed! The agent said she was sorry and totally understood why I would want to know where my beautiful C7 was, and she heard that this fall it was possibly going to be offered in Canada, pricing unknown.

Big woop I'll have the car by then!

Soon... ( I keep telling myself )

Guess you'll have to track by Railcar No. ; bit of a PITA but it works

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.