Sorry but its Ferrari for me.... (I may be a bit biased as I'm Italian) I have been fortunate enough to have owned my share of performance cars over the past years but have never owned a Corvette hence my recent purchase of the 17' G.S. and, I shall also add that performance for $$ spent, the Corvette is a steal and I am having fun with it :Hurray:. However.... the plan is to sell it or trade it in two to three yrs and purchase a (not new)Ferrari. I have several friends who have Ferraris and they all acknowledge that the performance and options that the Corvette offers is tenfold of their Ferraris. However.... After having experienced (maaaaany yrs ago) a 328GTS I still tingle at the thought of driving one again. My choice, for now, is a F430 convert. Has to be red over tan. Not knocking the Corvette at all as it is a much better equipped car and will outperform the Ferrari. And who knows, if I play my cards nice my wife may let me keep both. I'm not gonna get kicked off the forum am I? I like you Corvette owners !

40D2E278-D195-4E80-8831-98CD4078689C.jpeg
7BC6850B-6A63-4ECF-9E54-A21DEB39000C.jpeg
Here I am in my buddy’s F430....
I wore a Corvette shirt!
Nice car

Graham

How about this blue one that is not in my garage...but should be

View attachment 15905 View attachment 15906

A few years ago one of these sold for $38 million so yeah - I like it a lot too. Closest I ever got was building a 1/12 scale model. Kept it for about 10 years and sold it for $300. Not quite the same but close - LOL. Also saw the real one at Watkins Glen about 20 years ago during an all Ferrari race/show meet. I think back then one had sold for $18 million.

A few years ago one of these sold for $38 million so yeah - I like it a lot too. Closest I ever got was building a 1/12 scale model. Kept it for about 10 years and sold it for $300. Not quite the same but close - LOL. Also saw the real one at Watkins Glen about 20 years ago during an all Ferrari race/show meet. I think back then one had sold for $18 million.
The one in ZR Auto is for sale,a bargain at 1.5 million.

Ron, a company by the name of Model Factory Hero a Japanese company known for extremely high end model kits has introduced the Ferrari GTO in 1/12 scale. Comes in a number of racing liveries or built as a factory stock machine. I have seen some pictures of these cars and incredible is the only word I can think of to describe them. The engine is true to design, crank, connection rod, pistons, cylinder heads with valves the whole thing. You will never see these parts but they will be there.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Ron, a company by the name of Model Factory Hero a Japanese company known for extremely high end model kits has introduced the Ferrari GTO in 1/12 scale. Comes in a number of racing liveries or built as a factory stock machine. I have seen some pictures of these cars and incredible is the only word I can think of to describe them. The engine is true to design, crank, connection rod, pistons, cylinder heads with valves the whole thing. You will never see these parts but they will be there.

I know the one you mean. Mine was all metal, very detailed but not quite that much. I bought it in an antique store for $50. My son further detailed it by painting all the wee small parts inside and out following detailed pics.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
No such thing as cheap maintenance on any Italian car. That itself is not an issue, just be sure you have the cash and appetite to deal with it. Some 25 years ago I busted a mirror on my 91 Spider Veloce--the mirror alone was $750.

I am of Italian descent and it is Z06 all day for me. I am lucky to have driven my brother 's 2015 458 a few times and in anger, and it boils down to what you are looking for. The panache and eye gawking is untouchable. As for driving It, it is a car literally designed from an alien planet. Where the window switches are, ergonomics are a chore but once you get used it is still awkward lol. My bros car has an exhaust as well.

You really must love to rev it and luckily it obliges, but if you need torque it may not be the car for you. Deep down, I think he misses his SLS and that sound!

I just love my manual Z06 as what my mission was as a 3rd vehicle was a more engaging drive.

As kids, he had the Testarossa poster on his wall and i had the Countach on mine...we are still that way!

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
No touching the exotics for gawking, but I must say with this being my first year with the Z06 and only 500km on her thus far, I'm surprised at the attention it draws. We were in the Entertainment district Friday evening and people were photographing the car, asking questions from the street, waving, thumbs up etc. It was good fun and nice to see such a positive reaction to car from most people. Kept thinking I can't even imagine what that must be like in a Ferrari or Lambo!

Reactions: ddgermann
No touching the exotics for gawking, but I must say with this being my first year with the Z06 and only 500km on her thus far, I'm surprised at the attention it draws. We were in the Entertainment district Friday evening and people were photographing the car, asking questions from the street, waving, thumbs up etc. It was good fun and nice to see such a positive reaction to car from most people. Kept thinking I can't even imagine what that must be like in a Ferrari or Lambo!

Get use to it lupo. These cars attract attention. And to be honest, a goodly percentge of the people giving the wave and thumbs probably don't know what your car is... just that it's hot..... :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.