Just an update here...
I just ordered and received these thingamajigs:

yb.dll

yb.dll

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3SA0LZCTN18414818150c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050H

...and they're pretty awesome!
I installed the front sets with no trouble at all, but the back set requires the wheels to be removed and holes to be drilled into the wheel wells to then install the moldings.
Yea, that's out of my comfort zone so I'm having them installed here locally on Friday. Pics and updates to follow.
Thanks again for the recommendations, it was on the advise of members here that I went with this set and I'm pretty happy with them.

Cheers.:canada:

David

I hope you're happy with the results David . My car has them, and I think they blend in nicely with the body and actually add to the overall look of the car .

Hey Rob, I wouldn't mind seeing these before the install just to see if there is much trimming/alteration in order to fit the C5.....I can take a run to blackfalds.

Hey Bruce not a problem, I will throw them in the truck, I go right through Ponoka twice a day, we can hook up pretty easy.
PM me you cell and I will call once I have them and we can set up a coffee at Tims
Rob

I hope you're happy with the results David . My car has them, and I think they blend in nicely with the body and actually add to the overall look of the car .

Oh yea...I love them!
Funny how much of a difference they make.

These did not require any trimming for a C6 install. I did the front ones myself...simple enough, but the back ones needed the tires removed and holes drilled into the wheel wells...so, I took it next door to one of the dozens of shops I have in this area and had them do it for me.

Now.... I'm in love with the idea of the flat back vinyl body wrap...and wider back rims/tires.
Not sure if I'll go the vinyl body wrap or not...but I do feel it calling to me. :D

David

Has anyone tried the splash guards that Corvette Central now has out for the C5 part #335071? I know I can modify the C6 splash guards to fit my C5 but thought if the fit was good I would try these out......not sure why they need to be over twice the cost of the C6's tho. Any info would be a big help as I may want to order these while we have the free shipping.

Has anyone tried the splash guards that Corvette Central now has out for the C5 part #335071? I know I can modify the C6 splash guards to fit my C5 but thought if the fit was good I would try these out......not sure why they need to be over twice the cost of the C6's tho. Any info would be a big help as I may want to order these while we have the free shipping.

Looks like the C6 are ABS plastic while the C5'ers are the real deal hand laid fiberglass.....: much better made and stronger ....... and more $$$$:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.