Tico

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Jan 5, 2010
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
2008 C6 Red
Manny installed the Corsa Extremes this morning and that is the best decision I ever made so far on the vette.

They definitely are the perfect fit after researching for the longest time.

Manny - thanks for leading me away from the Corsa Sports - that would have been a very big regret.

The Extremes are hardly an issue on the highway and have that perfect sound - really really impressed.

Manny/Rob - once again thanks for everything....

Tico

Last edited:
Good to hear you love your new upgrade! Definately a nice sounding axle-back system! The only thing that turned me away from it was the 3.5" tips. I wanted 4" or bigger so i opted for the Bassani.

I agree with manny, a friend has the Billy Boats and I have the Corsa. His is louder but not a nice loud, and on the highway drives you nuts with the drone. Mine on the other hand sounds way better and I drive without any drone

The B&B massive 4.5" oval tips are killer on their axle-backs! True you get some drone but the Bullet system is awesome. You can tone it down a bit by adding the PRT system. Have a look into the Bassani systems as well. They offer the GT Pro and GT Race. I love mine and you get a full catback system with their famous X in the tunnel for less money than a Corsa axle-back. Later you can add the B&B headers which will bolt right up. Just some other options. No matter which route you go you will love it!! :coolgleam:

Cheers!

The B&B massive 4.5" oval tips are killer on their axle-backs! True you get some drone but the Bullet system is awesome. You can tone it down a bit by adding the PRT system. Have a look into the Bassani systems as well. They offer the GT Pro and GT Race. I love mine and you get a full catback system with their famous X in the tunnel for less money than a Corsa axle-back. Later you can add the B&B headers which will bolt right up. Just some other options. No matter which route you go you will love it!! :coolgleam:

Cheers!

If your going for headers , then LG's hands down are the best . No other header's even comes close . I have dyno tested pretty much all of them now and the LG's produce way more power under the curve than all the rest . Guess all that racing and testing that Lou does sure pays off :D

Thx
[email protected]

The LG's are definitely a nice header....they however do not work with the Bassani system.

I'd like to see the dyno results of some of these comparisons for curiosity sake. I'd like to see how much power is left on the table comparing apples to apples like a set of the B&B's and a set of the LG streets. And i wasn't meaning that to sound as a flame! lol

The LG's are definitely a nice header....they however do not work with the Bassani system.

I'd like to see the dyno results of some of these comparisons for curiosity sake. I'd like to see how much power is left on the table comparing apples to apples like a set of the B&B's and a set of the LG streets. And i wasn't meaning that to sound as a flame! lol

I hate to tell you this , but I have several C6's with LG headers and Bassani exhaust . I happen to like the Bassani system and even have them on my own personal vette .

Comparisons : This is a link to LG's site thats has quite a few

LG Motorsports - Dyno Results

No flame taken , just wanted to make sure people have all the facts . Lou's headers have always been the one's to copy . Keep in mind that the orginal LG Pro's were and are made by Borla , but designed by Lou.

Thx
[email protected]

I hate to tell you this , but I have several C6's with LG headers and Bassani exhaust . I happen to like the Bassani system and even have them on my own personal vette .

Comparisons : This is a link to LG's site thats has quite a few

LG Motorsports - Dyno Results

No flame taken , just wanted to make sure people have all the facts . Lou's headers have always been the one's to copy . Keep in mind that the orginal LG Pro's were and are made by Borla , but designed by Lou.

Thx
[email protected]

Hey Manny,

I know they make more torque in pretty much all cases. However, you can't get just the headers alone and they will NOT bolt up to a factory mid-pipe which is something you would need if you are running the new Bassani Dominator GT-Pro or GT-Race systems. And this goes for AR, Dynatech and Kooks as well. Except the Kooks & Dynatech you can get the headers standalone but still won't bolt up to the stock center section. All of them you need to use their mid-pipe which defeats the purpose of running the Bassani setup. I called everyone and was told i had to run their center section. There is no standalone header that will bolt up to the Bassani system as of yet other than the B&B (which will eliminate the factory cats as well). The Kooks or Dynatech would be the ones to use but there would have to be some modifications done. And i say these 2 only because u can get get them without a mid-pipe and would be more cost effective.

My main point, the AVERAGE consumer is not a race car driver and needing to squeeze every possible ft-lb of torque out of a header system. They are after a decent power increase and great sound! Therefore there are other options available. My whole basis here is really just restricted to someone wanting to run the Bassani Dominator systems and wanting to add some headers down the road without needing any custom modifications.

In my case, i had no choice but to lose my Bassani mid-pipe and use the one that came with my headers because i wanted a 1-7/8" primary and i didn't want to cut anything up.

Good gawd i hope that wasn't too painful and makes a little sense as far as what i'm trying to say! :rofl:

BTW: If you have actually "bolted up" any of the above mentioned headers standalone, other than the B&B, without any modifications to a new C6 Bassani Dominator catback....then everyone at Kooks, AR, Dynatech and LG should be fired because they have no clue as to what they are selling! lol :D

This is a link to what the new systems are like....maybe this will help make some sense as to what im trying to say.

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.c...rmance/1486-bassani-c6-exhaust-installed.html

Cheers!

Hey Manny,

I know they make more torque in pretty much all cases. However, you can't get just the headers alone and they will NOT bolt up to a factory mid-pipe which is something you would need if you are running the new Bassani Dominator GT-Pro or GT-Race systems. And this goes for AR, Dynatech and Kooks as well. Except the Kooks & Dynatech you can get the headers standalone but still won't bolt up to the stock center section. All of them you need to use their mid-pipe which defeats the purpose of running the Bassani setup. I called everyone and was told i had to run their center section. There is no standalone header that will bolt up to the Bassani system as of yet other than the B&B (which will eliminate the factory cats as well). The Kooks or Dynatech would be the ones to use but there would have to be some modifications done. And i say these 2 only because u can get get them without a mid-pipe and would be more cost effective.

My main point, the AVERAGE consumer is not a race car driver and needing to squeeze every possible ft-lb of torque out of a header system. They are after a decent power increase and great sound! Therefore there are other options available. My whole basis here is really just restricted to someone wanting to run the Bassani Dominator systems and wanting to add some headers down the road without needing any custom modifications.

In my case, i had no choice but to lose my Bassani mid-pipe and use the one that came with my headers because i wanted a 1-7/8" primary and i didn't want to cut anything up.

Good gawd i hope that wasn't too painful and makes a little sense as far as what i'm trying to say! :rofl:

BTW: If you have actually "bolted up" any of the above mentioned headers standalone, other than the B&B, without any modifications to a new C6 Bassani Dominator catback....then everyone at Kooks, AR, Dynatech and LG should be fired because they have no clue as to what they are selling! lol :D

This is a link to what the new systems are like....maybe this will help make some sense as to what im trying to say.

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.c...rmance/1486-bassani-c6-exhaust-installed.html

Cheers!

You might be surprised as what I have done with Corvette's . There is no such word as can't . I am quite crafty when it come to making things work .
I understand your point as it pertains to the Bassani system , and yes its not a straight bolt and I did make a couple of my own pipes to make it work .
No long tube system will bolt up to the factory cats or location point , unless you use a shorty header .

BTW I have exactly 3 C6's with that exact system from Bassani and LG Super Pro Headers & LG Street Series headers , so I have done it , and it does work . I will post up some pictures as soon as I can get these guys back on the lift .

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.