Mike Oakes is the Fin Mgr at Georgetown (works with Don Le). A friendly guy and also willing to help design the right C8 GMPP warranty to suit your driving habits regardless of your home province. Either of these gentlemen are worth reaching out to.

Just wanted to chime in and recommend Don Le at Georgetown Chevrolet. He was extremely easy and low pressure to deal with and took the time to answer a myriad of questions I had regarding the warranty. I also was able to purchase the GMPP for 84months/60,000km for $1999 plus tax.
I also felt he offered excellent pricing on the GM 84/60,000 Maintenance Plan which seemed like an excellent investment if you are planning on keeping your C8 long term since the costs of oil changes , not to mention the transmission fluid change at 3 years and other maintenance can really add up. Don's pricing was under $1200 and he was very happy to answer any questions/concerns I had regarding coverages.

Reactions: 1st Vette
I also felt he offered excellent pricing on the GM 84/60,000 Maintenance Plan which seemed like an excellent investment if you are planning on keeping your C8 long term since the costs of oil changes , not to mention the transmission fluid change at 3 years and other maintenance can really add up. Don's pricing was under $1200 and he was very happy to answer any questions/concerns I had regarding coverages.
What's covered with the 84/60,000 maintenance plan ... yearly engine oil changes, every-3-years tranny fluid changes, anything else? I'm guessing it won't cover the second transmission filter change at 48,000km.

Side note: does anyone know what dealers typically charge for engine oil changes and transmission fluid changes? I would probably do my own engine oil changes, but just the oil & filter look to run about $150 so that's getting close to the cost of the plan by itself.

$150 for oil/filter is likely close to online pricing if you are talking CAD. Pricing will vary but safe to think around $350 for Mobil 1 Supercar 0W-40 & Delco PF64. A DCT tranny drain all in will be in the hood of $1200+. Yes a 84 month Essential Maintenance Plan should get you the 3 & 6 year tranny fluid services.

Reactions: 1500cc
FYI re: the "Essential" GM Maintenance Plan coverages. I specifically asked Don Le to confirm that yearly oil changes as well as the DCT external filter changes and DCT fluid changes are included at the specified time/kilometer intervals in the owners manual for the 84 month/60,000 km term of the plan.
He contacted his GM rep who confirmed this was the case, these maintenance items are included. At this point I decided it made financial sense for me to purchase the plan.

That was my thought about paying if you have the VIN but wasn’t sure about getting warranty for a vehicle you don’t own yet. Didn’t seem logical but I will wait to see what you can find out. Thanks again.
Have you ever posted your name on a thread yet? I am wondering how you amassed over 3800 likes after joining almost 3 years after me? Perhaps it's your screen name you changed and your stats followed you?
Got this back a few minutes ago with my question you had posed:
Hi Scott,
Unfortunately, we cannot sell the warranty before the delivery date.
We cannot put the future in service date on the contract.

I am thinking you should check with your dealer to see if they have a suggestion.

Have you ever posted your name on a thread yet? I am wondering how you amassed over 3800 likes after joining almost 3 years after me? Perhaps it's your screen name you changed and your stats followed you?
Hi Scott,

I am thinking you should check with your dealer to see if they have a suggestion.
I will call them today and see if they are open. Long Weekend and all. I’m not really surprised by the reply you got but seeing how the Canadian increase hasn’t been announced yet unless I missed something maybe I’ll get lucky. And I did join on Aug 31 2023 for the first time. I think I probably spend way too much time on here, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
He has "verbal Diarrhea". lol J/K 1st

I took typing in high school and was the only guy in the class to get my speed up to 40-50 wpm which worked for me not making many mistakes.
I have no idea how you are at 3831 likes in 7 months without anyone knowing your name still? :bsmile:

I took typing in high school and was the only guy in the class to get my speed up to 40-50 wpm which worked for me not making many mistakes.
I have no idea how you are at 3831 likes in 7 months without anyone knowing your name still? :bsmile:
You don't know Jacks name either! ;)

Like, wow , and agree with everything , lol .

He photo bombs the site with his 631 non original pic's and receives 6-7 likes per...

• Winner
Hi Scott,

So looks like I cant use your deal to get the warranty either until I get delivery

• Sad