Oct 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 2LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi

I purchased the extended GM Warranty for my C8 and I am wondering if I have to have a GM dealer perform my general maintenance to ensure I don't void the warranty?

I would like to take my car to Robinson Automotive as they take care of a lot of Corvettes and are very familiar with C8's. They took care of the Ron Fellows corvettes at Mosport. They also changed my DCT Filter with the top up and they were about 200.00 less than my dealer.

I also want to do this as I don't have a lot of confidence with my dealer. My dealer did the last oil change and left a huge mess under the car.

Robinson's website states the following:

"Warranty Approved Service​

All maintenance and repair services provided at Robinson Automotive are Warranty Approved.
Robinson Automotive has only the best trained technicians to work on your vehicle, and only the highest quality parts will be used!

You can save hundreds of dollars per year by servicing your vehicle at Robinson Automotive over the dealership on regular maintenance alone!
View a list of our warranty approved Services, Luxury Vehicle Repair and Services, and Hybrid Repair and Services.
Robinson Automotive provides warranty repair on the following vehicles: Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Camaro, Chevrolet, Corvette, Dodge, Ford, Jaguar, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and more! "

Should I call GM Warranty to see if it's possible to have another shop perform general maintenance ?

Thanks for any advice provided

Reactions: JS 88
I think you’re fine. You’re getting work done by a certified journeyman mechanic or supervised by one, from a reputable shop (they worked for Ron Fellows), and no where does the warranty specify the work MUST be done only at a GM dealership, plus finally you have DIY people like me who do our own oil/filter changes and other maintenance work and I/we expect to have the warranty honoured. Perhaps confirm they have access to the C8 diagnostic codes and GM’s notices about the C8 so you know they’re informed for that model, and if so, you’re in good hands.

I think you’re fine. You’re getting work done by a certified journeyman mechanic or supervised by one, from a reputable shop (they worked for Ron Fellows), and no where does the warranty specify the work MUST be done only at a GM dealership, plus finally you have DIY people like me who do our own oil/filter changes and other maintenance work and I/we expect to have the warranty honoured. Perhaps confirm they have access to the C8 diagnostic codes and GM’s notices about the C8 so you know they’re informed for that model, and if so, you’re in good hands.
Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.