nytrydr89

Casual User
Jan 14, 2016
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
C6 Z06
Anyone currently running an aFe momentum intake? Thinking of installing the aFe, borla x-pipe, and borla atak rear section on my 18 Z06.

I have read people have issues with CEL and alot dont. I know theres a car running this exact set up here in Alberta because I've watched a YouTube video of someones car with an Alberta plate. Hopefully he/she is on here and can comment.

Reactions: ccltj
OK I'll ask again.... anyone install one of these for Z06....?? I'm skeptical about their claims about the added 46hp and 39 ft-lbs of torque but like any retail...... they say the old "UP TO" as wiggle room out...... I see they are a little on the pricey side at a little over $600 but do look nice ( cheaper than the OEM Jake that don't claim any gains)....... there's even one for Derek... a "black series" at almost double the price in nice shiny CF finish............ also a 10% off if you join their mailing list..... comments???

Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/Dual Filter Media

For Derek:

Black Series Momentum Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System w/Dual Filter Media

Reactions: C7Heaven
46 hp .... no way. I have a Halltech carbon cai on my 2015 z51 m7. The unit added about 15 hp. I bought the Halltech cai after months of researching as it showed to be the best overall in hp and torque. Some say changing the cai does nothing. I think if the engine gets more air, then there is some benefit, just makes sense .. but I'm not a mechanic. Likely the AFE unit may add some hp but definitely not 46, without a tune. My cai did not void my warranty.

Reactions: frankmp
OK I'll ask again.... anyone install one of these for Z06....?? I'm skeptical about their claims about the added 46hp and 39 ft-lbs of torque but like any retail...... they say the old "UP TO" as wiggle room out...... I see they are a little on the pricey side at a little over $600 but do look nice ( cheaper than the OEM Jake that don't claim any gains)....... there's even one for Derek... a "black series" at almost double the price in nice shiny CF finish............ also a 10% off if you join their mailing list..... comments???

Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/Dual Filter Media

For Derek:

Black Series Momentum Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System w/Dual Filter Media

I'm good Frank,

Thanks.

I'll keep my factory Jake one that leaves my warranty intact. I have plenty of HP so as I said it is a cosmetic add on. I really can't imagine cheaping out on a couple of hundred bucks at the risk of the warranty on a 100K car for a possible few HP that you won't even feel. If you talk nice your dealer will likely give you this one for $500-600 like I got mine for. (Installed)
This one apparently does up the HP especially on the forced induction cars but GM stays away from making bold claims that they may have to live up to. :Biggrin:
IMG_9562.jpeg

Reactions: Vegas1500
Actually just got one too with flat red and black cue ball!! Maybe we can install together over beers!!View attachment 24166

Oh wow. Nice. I went with the stock look but that does look sweet Frank. Yes sounds good on the install. Was planning on doing it with Ziggy as he has all the tricks figured out when he did his but maybe we can all make a day of it some time.
I like the beers idea... till the drive home. :Cryin:

a possible few HP that you won't even feel.

My thoughts exactly Derek... I have a Lingenfelter CAI and not sure if it makes a difference or not. I’m pretty sure I haven’t come close to hitting my 505 HP anytime since I’ve owned it so if it gives me anymore? !! Yippy Kay Eh M.... I’ll never feel it on a public road.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Well not that it is super relevant...but:

My 2004 2500HD (6.6 Diesel) was having overheating issues and one of the things I read was that a aFe cold air intake system would help. Me being cheap only replaced the intake elbow (although I did replace the fan clutch too). I can't say for the HP gain/loss but I did gain about 5 Deg cooler while towing (based on temps since I owned the truck) and slightly better mileage (about 1 mpg measured over a summer).

Again not super relevant but I have had no regrets about putting it on either.

T

Warranty, what the hell is that?

Jokes aside I do not belive that an aftermarket air filter will give such high gains. Will your car breath a bit better? yes, but you're not getting 40hp. Come on all lets not kid ourselves here.

Linginfelter has a nice kit for the Z06 which consists of a supercharger pulley, dampener pulley, idler arm pulleys and a tune...720+HP.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Frank ordered the filter and pucks today. That filter gets rave reviews on the “other” forum. I’m going to couple it with the Mamo ported TB. Between the x-pipe, TB and filter it supposed to perform great. Can’t wait for spring!
How you finding the bms filter? Read good things about it. Also the attack blue nano filter Thinking of changing too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread