Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Those who have followed great/accurate renderers in the past remember “Chazcron,” whose rendering in 2003 , of the later-revealed 2005 Mustang, turned out to be spot on. As was his later, current-gen Camaro work he did a couple of years ago.

Now he has turned his extensive equipment, his professional expertise, and his sights onto the C8. Even better yet, he is exchanging pictures and renderings with other professionals artists/renderers, including fvs (“FirstVetteSoon),” and others who have some great resources —- all in his effort to come up with the most accurate rendering of the 2020 C8 we have seen yet. So understanding that this is the beginning of what he calls his “work in progress” (“WIP”), here is one of his early WIP gifs.

AC7700A4-839C-4C43-BC60-E24F9DE14609.gif

He has made more progress since, and if you wish to follow his project further, here’s a link to his project as it is unfolding (admin/mods, please delete this link if required).

Chazcron C8 GIF Work In Progress - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

I am in almost daily communicate with Chazcron, and will keep it updating it as he continues to make more progress —- culminating in his end project probably being as close as we could get before the reveal (short of more info later being leaked).

Exciting we now have three great professionals all working on helping us learn and see more of the 2020 C8 before it is revealed, e.g., fvs, Chazcron, and bdsvavars. Thank you, you three incredibly talented artists!

Chazcron’s continued progress, now moving to the scoop trim. While a little “echo” of the Audi R8’s, looks more tasteful, less in your face than the R8’s. I really like how the scoop is working out.

DFD217C2-E69A-4602-877F-B0EE2C6ACDFB.jpeg

Still, as we can see, a Work In Progress — with lots more to go.

A little birdie who actually has seen the ME buck naked, says this Carscoops rendering has some familiar side characteristics, e.g., some really similar curves to its side and the work Chazcron is doing. We will see more of Chazcron’s work develop about mid next week — and I will post it here.

89723670-A4F1-4815-B70A-204D27C76846.png

Latest Chazcron video in his “work in progress.” Probably in a couple of more weeks, he will have his 360 rotating rendering finished. He and fvs are corroborating, so we will be getting the best of two professional artists’ abilities as a result.
3DDA9DC6-7DDE-435E-B7C0-750E2D58111E.jpeg

Today we get our first direct front view by Chazcron. I can not wait until he is done working his way around the car and then he gives us a 360 degree rotating video.

What is amazing is how the hood has been efficiently transformed into a super efficient aero channel, with air rushing over it not just creating downforce, but being routed around the windshield as in the second picture below, and eventually into the main side scoops.

8172A507-FDE6-497B-A53C-98B84AEA3258.jpeg
D596FD7B-CBC7-4AB5-B2DD-533DC31F559F.jpeg

I prefer the body colour as well. For a ME sports car, it is coming out better proportioned than I thought it would. I have one question though. I see a lot of lines from the C7 in all these renderings and the spy shots. Did GM design the C7 with the thought of eventually transitioning to a ME layout?

I prefer the body colour as well. For a ME sports car, it is coming out better proportioned than I thought it would. I have one question though. I see a lot of lines from the C7 in all these renderings and the spy shots. Did GM design the C7 with the thought of eventually transitioning to a ME layout?

If the bottom hadn't fallen out of the auto market in 2008, we would probably have seen an ME in 2015.

Reactions: 12cents
Yep, I think you are very correct in that assumption. We could have all moved on to the next stage in the discussion of the C8 and start talking about where to hang all the CF bits and pieces

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.