Aug 25, 2015
Edmonton, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray Z51
Province
AB
http://www.emtetown.com

Due to popular demand, I have created a cruise to Em-te town Sunday, JULY 30th and AUG 13, 2017. You're welcome to choose 1 or do both. Entry fee of $5.00/person is good for all year entry to Em-te town.
####[HASHTAG]#PLEASE[/HASHTAG] NOTE####
There is about 6Kms of gravel road leading up to EM-TE Town. We will be traveling about 20kms/hr at this point.

Come cruise with us back to the OLD West. Dress up as a Cowboy / Cowgirl / Bandit / Sheriff and win a prize. The winner will be judged by Mel (the manager). Family friendly cruise.

Horseback riding, Pony rides, donkey rides, carriage rides, etc. Are available at an extra charge.

Restaurant on site ( we get 25% off our Breakfast / Lunch ). Please check menu on website

Great picture opputunitues.
So lets cruise and have some fun!!!

#####[HASHTAG]#MEET[/HASHTAG] PLACE FOR CRUISE#####
Timmy's at 11104 184 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 2S6
Leave at 9am sharp. Cruise to Breton( gas break/ pee break) then on to EM-TE TOWN. Approximate 2hr drive. Once at ground. You can stay as long as you want to.

It looks like a great spot and a nice short trip, however the gravel may scare off many people unfortunately.

scared....... yup.

Don't want to chance cracking my Sask running boards.

Looks like a cool place for a photo shoot --- sold my car trailer long ago to cheat to get to something that has gravel.

B

I been on a stretch of gravel for about 6km before. Just drive slow like about 20km/hr. all good.
I just put some green masking tape on wheel well area as a precaution. Looks funny. But it helped. I only had about 2 marks on the tape when I was peeling it off. So all good on my part. And I'm usually a picky person for no gravel.
Just saying.

As much as I'd like to,I have to pass Ken.

Ken, after much reconsideration, I have to decline as well. We may still go, but will bring the truck instead. I know from restoring vehicles that the gravel gets up into spots you would not believe, so my Corvettes will never see gravel if I can avoid it. Very cool picture background, but not worth the road rash to me. Sorry bud.

Reactions: Pep and Baby Ray
IMG_1955.JPG
IMG_1957.JPG
No problem Mike.
I'm just throwing it out there. Some may come. Some may not. Unfortunately can't please everyone. Gravel roads?? Timing??
Either way. All good.
A little of both for me. My inner rear 1/4s have enough to satisfy me. I add to it everytime I leave my garage.

WOW !
Spent a lot of time visiting one of the initial residents of Em-te in the 1980's.
Yup ... there were a very few nearby residents.
I have experienced a lot in Alder Flats in my teens & early 20's.
Some of which I don't remember of course due to teen shenanigans.
My Grandfather remarried and resided there.
It's been over 30 years since I was in Em-te - right at what seemed to be it's beginning.

I might head out there in my Sierra and meet up with y'all ... I reside at Ma-Me-O (Pigeon Lake) during the Summer (all paved here).
Unfortunately I don't have it in me for any Corvette "intentional" gravel as I have just got through enough "unexpected" gravel for a lifetime
and just got my Baby back last Friday (a whopping 21-day & $9k repair bill). xPel gets applied July 27th but am leery of testing it right away.
I'm good for bugs but not "boulders" ... I do appreciate the heads-up about that (highly respectful)

IMG_1080.JPG

Due to popular demand, I have created a cruise to Em-te town Sunday, JULY 30th and AUG 13, 2017. You're welcome to choose 1 or do both. Entry fee of $5.00/person is good for all year entry to Em-te town.
There is about 6Kms of gravel road leading up to EM-TE Town. We will be traveling about 20kms/hr at this point.

Come cruise with us back to the OLD West. Dress up as a Cowboy / Cowgirl / Bandit / Sheriff and win a prize. The winner will be judged by Mel (the manager). Family friendly cruise.

Horseback riding, Pony rides, donkey rides, carriage rides, etc. Are available at an extra charge.

Restaurant on site ( we get 25% off our Breakfast / Lunch ). Please check menu on website

Leave at 9am sharp. Cruise to Breton( gas break/ pee break) then on to EM-TE TOWN. Approximate 2hr drive. Once at ground. You can stay as long as you want to.

The first run on July 30th was a good cruise. This next Sunday August 13th is still on if anyone wants to come along. So far about 8-10 cars are confirmed.

Reactions: YFCvii and turbozig
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread