Maybe the competition seats and the red callipers.??

My B.C. registration lists the colour as purple. Black rose wasn't a colour according to motor vehicle branch.

Agree that if you are touting it as a rare colour you should get it correct in the body of the add.
SGI has it correct.. My car is registered as black rose. I guess some motor vehicle branches are more on top of it than others...The seats and the calipers could account for most of the difference, if not all..

Last edited:
Reactions: rockitman
Maybe the competition seats and the red callipers.??

My B.C. registration lists the colour as purple. Black rose wasn't a colour according to motor vehicle branch.

Agree that if you are touting it as a rare colour you should get it correct in the body of the add.

That's so when you are involved i a high speed chase, hit and run, or other infraction involving a vehicle, telling other officers to be on the look out for a black rose corvette would require much time consuming explanation...lol...

There is one in White Rock ( near Vancouver ) at a dealer on the auto trader . Not exactly what you are looking for, not a GS.

I looked at this car when it was new at Dueck while waiting for mine to arrive..

New list was in the 96 thousands.

2017,, 3LT,, Z51,, chrome wheels,, competition seats in black,, 7 speed manual,, 16,500 kms.,, $68,888.

Looks like BDK's car but with red calipers.

Dealers # is 888 927 2059.
Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Wife picked the color, but I'm not complaining, as I do find the color stunning. Maybe because she knows its a very hard color to get. I even found a GS in Sterling Blue, the only color only made 1 year only.
I would be interested in a coup or conv leaning towards the coup due to the very quiet interior at hwy speeds. I have owned a C6 conv and found it very noisy at highway speeds. I really enjoy the quietness of the coup. I will take what I can find for the right price. As far as the kalahari interior, another dream. Oh yeah did I mention I want red calipers and chrome wheels. I also mentioned "Dream Big"

• Agree
Reactions: BDK
Wife picked the color, but I'm not complaining, as I do find the color stunning. Maybe because she knows its a very hard color to get. I even found a GS in Sterling Blue, the only color only made 1 year only.
I would be interested in a coup or conv leaning towards the coup due to the very quiet interior at hwy speeds. I have owned a C6 conv and found it very noisy at highway speeds. I really enjoy the quietness of the coup. I will take what I can find for the right price. As far as the kalahari interior, another dream. Oh yeah did I mention I want red calipers and chrome wheels. I also mentioned "Dream Big"

I do find that to be quite a nice color. A note to mention that the convertible C7 is proven quieter than the coupe however, due to the multilayer roof. I believe it is a couple of db less than the coupe.

How about Long Beach Red mettalic?....... Yes, I'm a bit biased on the color

Attachments

• Image 355.jpg
    Image 355.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 14
mine has the kalahari interior, black calipers and chrome wheels but you would not like the price...But then I don't really want to part with it...And it's only a stingray....

Reactions: turbozig
Sterling Blue is the rarest colour of all,,,only 921 total C7s
Apologies to @rockitman for a brief BRM thread 😇
and perhaps OK knowing you played a HUGE 🙏🏻 role with this SBM 😁

There's perhaps only 1 Sterling Blue Metallic in 1:18 scale 🤔
2F298D3E-834E-4434-941E-7A9406D593F8.jpeg

I know the BRM-GS-Vert will be a tough car to find for sale
and it would be great fortune if this can happen for you @rockitman 👍🏻
The mention of a SBM grand sport sounds interesting ...
do you have a "plan B" colour consideration?

Last edited:
Apologies to @rockitman for a brief BRM thread 😇
and perhaps OK knowing you played a HUGE 🙏🏻 role with this SBM 😁

There's perhaps only 1 Sterling Blue Metallic in 1:18 scale 🤔
View attachment 36529

I know the BRM-GS-Vert will be a tough car to find for sale
and it would be great fortune if this can happen for you @rockitman 👍🏻
The mention of a SBM grand sport sounds interesting ...
do you have a "plan B" colour consideration?
I have a few colors that would work for me, but I don't pick the colors. I pick cars, my better half picks colors

Reactions: YFCvii
Yes the convertible C7 is most definitely quieter inside than the coupe.

But it still has some road noise.

Sterling Blue is the rarest colour of all,,,only 921 total C7s
Is the convertible quieter than the coup? My C6 was not quiet at all and at 140kms it got very noisy. No such thing as playing the radio or talking with at that speed.

Most definitely quieter. I have had 2 C7 converts and ridden in numerous friends coupes.

You can carry on a conversation at 80 kmph or more. Very little wind.

I also ordered the factory windbreak on my 17...It doesn't seem to make any difference on noise or wind from my 15 without the break.

Reactions: rockitman
I must correct myself with the color choices Laguna Blue replaced by Admiral Blue replaced by Elkhard lake Blue.
I did some research and very surprised that the conv is quieter than the coup. Both good for me with more choices now.
I corrected this 3 times. Should be good now!

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii and BDK
I have grown since it's release, to see the appeal of Black Rose ... especially as I do not see many of them
as frequently as I did when Brand New in the Dealership Showrooms.
Thanks for posting the ad as I gave up trying to find it after a failed key-word google attempt ... (not my forte)

I have to laugh at how some advertise something with the idea/sense of it being
special and "very rare" and hard to turn away from ... (vacuum sales).
With a potentially stink-eye high-asking price on this previously-enjoyed Corvette
and a limited listing of specs ( as if that really doesn't matter - leaving so many questions) ...
complimenting that "Purple" is Very Rare. Not even researching that it being specified as "BLACK ROSE" just might be
the BEST way to advertise it ... as "purple" can play into the hands of those few who may loathe the color of this Corvette.
It honestly just makes me roll on the floor with laughter how bad marketing can sometimes be at times... rolling my eyes.
Even once chalking it up with my YYSSW with the use of the color being "purple", my first question may now be ...
with it being mentioned that there is no major (frame compromising) accidents .... hmmm ....
"Has there been any accidents at all, like one needing it to be touched up with Very Rare Purple instead of Black Rose?"
... even though it's really no big deal it just brings humor to a so-so day ...

edit in photo clip of ad with dealer info removed ... to save time ...
View attachment 36426
This Car is now at $59,888

Reactions: frankmp
I did find one in Florida but it didn't have Nav/Pdr and they wouldn't move on the price. I'm trying to find a convertible and only made 53 -2017 and 23 - 2018. I will keep looking as as the 2020's come out the trades should start showing up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.