Mar 20, 2011
thorold
VetteCoins
Car
So my check engine light came on last wednesday 29th. Pulled codes thursday and cleared them to see if problem would come back. Drove it from thursday to sunday night with nothing coming back. Parked it monday,tuesday and then yesterday started it up and check engine light came on again. Here are the codes:

PCM:
p0141 H
p1571 H

RTD: NO COMMS

IPC:
b0516 H
b0521 H
u1160 H

Radio:
u1096
u1016 H

A0-LDCM
b2252 H
b2202 H
b2282 H
b2284 H
b2262 H
b2264 H
u1064 H
u1096 H

A1- RDCM
b2283 H
b2285 H
u1064 H
u1096 H

A6- SCM
b2177 H
b0851 H
b2607 H
u1255 H
u1064 H
u1016 H
u1160 H

BO-RFA
u1096 H
u1964 H
C2115 H C

There are no other symptoms. The car starts and runs fine. Is the only code that matters the one with the "C" meaning current?

Last edited:
Wow.... That's a lot of history codes spread across several modules. I would strongly suggest going through and cleaning / tightening all of your grounding points. C5's are notorious for having grounding issues.

Thanks for the code list but I already looked them up. They're all over the map which makes me think it is a grounding issue like N2O said. But I would think the car should be acting up and it's not. The battery is a red top from 2007. Still cranks good and shouldn't need charging. The car gets driven several times a week.

I understand that if the battery drops below something like 9.5 - 10-5 volts during starting, the computer can get all fuzzy brained. The battery being that old and a little weak, might just be the problem. Just a thought. The original Delco battery in our '05 was replaced in 2012 just before we bought the car. 7+ years is generally what I get for life expectancy from them. CTek claims much more life so we will see on that one.

Last edited:
Don't forget that these batteries are really not designed to be cycled with deep discharges and charging cycles. Those conditions seem to happen a lot with our cars. My Delco lasted from 2003 to 2014 but it was always on a float charge. They work best when they are on "Float" either from a trickle charger or the charging system on the car.

The plates in the battery start to shed active material typically from the positive plate causing internal shorts in the battery. Of course battery performance is greatly affected when this happens

Best of luck getting your problems sorted.

Sulfation is another problem with batteries, especially when they sit all winter and not on a charger. The various battery tenders/chargers/maintainers claim to extend battery life considerably. There was a C-Tek I believe that you could order for your Corvette from GM and leave it installed under the hood. This is one of the top of the line CTEK units and way cheaper than E-bay.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/o...ib/1012776048?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
Just for reference this battery was always kept on a float in the winter. It was drained once or twice early in it's life when I forgot to plug it in but it shouldn't have caused much damage.

I gave the grounds in the engine compartment at quick check. Everything looks ok. No corrosion and everything tight. I'll be having the battery checked this weekend.

Also since I cleared the codes on May 7 they have not come back again.

Users who are viewing this thread