This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Electrical Issues C8

Davigar

Casual User
Nov 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C8
Province
ON
Hello. I have a 2020 C8 and have had electrical issues from 18 months on. About 5 times, I have come out in the morning and found my battery dead. In fact, I replaced my battery about 3 months ago as dealer said it was defective. Well, it was not defective, as battery died again about 2 weeks ago. I just left at the dealer for a few days and cost me $600 to run a continual diagnostic to see if it can determine what is still running that would drain the battery. Could be anything ie door locks, radio etc. Something that occasionally is still running when car is off, causing battery drain. Dealer found nothing because nothing was still running when car was shut off. Very periodic issues.
Anyone else have this issue with any of their C8's?

Are you door release buttons fully popping back out? I know one other person in my Corvette club with a 2020 Coupe who has random issues with his windows dropping because the button is not fully popping out still after having it replaced. A stuck button would put a drain on the battery beyond what all the computers drain naturally.
If your car is sitting for more than 2 weeks you need to plug in a charger with the natural battery drain.

Not sure what you mean by door release buttons?

Reactions: 1st Vette
Just a suggestion but perhaps you should connect a trickle charger to your battery and keep it plugged in when not in use. If you don’t already. Also in general I believe that there is less “ strain “ on the battery when drawing current, starting for example , when the battery is fully charged. As you know a 12 volt battery should show just under 13 volts when fully charged. It should show 13.5 to 14.5 with the vehicle running due to alternator output. Good luck with your troubleshooting.