Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
I'm replacing the outdoor lights at our house.

This is pretty similar to what I'm putting up, black wire, white wire and a ground.
ae238d0a7eb342f3f83f12d80f4882d8.jpg

The third light I installed didn't work, I switched it with another light and everything works fine.
Bulbs that work in other lights won't work in the faulty unit.
Doesn't matter where I install it, it doesn't work.

It's not the bulbs and it's not the boxes, they all have power, it seems to be this individual light that's at fault.

These lights seem pretty simple, is there anything I should be looking for? Taking it back to the store might be out of the question as I've already "tweaked the colour".

Please keep in mind my electrical experience only goes as far as white to white, black to black, and shocking myself while installing a ceiling fan.

Wayne....
It appears you have narrowed the problem down correctly to the light fixture itself.
My guess would be a faulty socket, and/or connections to the socket....or worse a broken wire.
Please do not use this fixture until it has been repaired' perfectly' ..
I loose wire or bad connection at that point can be a fire hazard.
Either destroy the light or have a qualified electrician repair it.
I am NOT an electrician so this is friendly advice....
Graham

Reactions: Dik
Wayne, take a look in the socket with the bulb out and see if the center tab in the socket has been bent down. If your real careful and with the power off, you pull the tab up gently with a crochet hook until it will make contact. You can try it will the power on if you want, it just makes it a little more exciting that way!!!!

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.